Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sometimes you just get lucky.

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    So do you stamp this once the job is complete?

That caught me off guard!!!! Pretty cool brother, thanks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That's awesome. I wish there would be a smoker waiting for me when I showed up for work when traveling, but alas all I usually get is a meeting room with a projector and a whiteboard.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I have total faith that you will kill it. Those axe handles are awesome. Have a blast! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Aussie
    Aussie Posts: 75
    Options
    SGH said:
    Aussie said:
    I've gotta ask , what is "emergency umbilical work" ? 
    Here is a pic that will give you the general idea.

Thanks, so your the man to call if I accidently cut the pit probe cable on me stoker!  ;)
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    DMW said:
    That's awesome. I wish there would be a smoker waiting for me when I showed up for work when traveling, but alas all I usually get is a meeting room with a projector and a whiteboard.

Whiteboards? Remarkable!
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    thats good you get to two things you like and get paid to do your hobby watch out they my hire you for there cook position 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That looks awesome.   Can't wait to see some before/during/after pictures of the cook!

Did you find out the history of how that nice smoker ended up on deck?
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    That's awesome. I wish there would be a smoker waiting for me when I showed up for work 
    Brother D, in all my years and travels, this was a very first for me.

I have total faith that you will kill it. Those axe handles are awesome. Have a blast! 
    Thank you brother. I reall like the use of the hatchets as well. Kind of gives the pit a certain auora.

Aussie said:
    Thanks, so your the man to call if I accidently cut the pit probe cable on me stoker!  ;)
    If only you were a little closer. I would gladly help you out my friend.

KiterTodd said:

Did you find out the history of how that nice smoker ended up on deck?
    I found out today. When EMAS purchased the ship and took it to their yard in Ingleside TX. to retrofit it for spooling, they added the smoker then. Was told that it was requested by the man who was Captain at the time. Pretty cool I thought.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nice that is hasn't turned into a rust bucket--salty air and all.  Seems like someone must have been taking good care of it.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Thanks for the pics of what looks like a "pipeline" smoker.

One of my jobs involved gathering field data on pipelayers.  The welders had a lot of time on their hands between tie-in welds, so some of that time was spent building things.  It was kind of strange seeing a welding truck with a built in grill.  And, just like everything else on their truck, each one was customized to show off their personality and skill. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That just makes work soo much more enjoyable , right Scottie?Enjoy, and it looks like your co-workers are in for a treat!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I guess SGH never cooked on it.  
    No pictures.
    Didn't happen.
    ;)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SGH
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    I guess SGH never cooked on it.  
    No pictures.
    Didn't happen.
    ;)
    Not yet brother. It will be Thrusday or Friday when there is nothing going on. Until the umbilical is fixed and accepted, it's all hands on deck. But it is getting fired up before I leave.  

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Your coworkers are going to be in for a real treat! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's