Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best fail by far!!!

So I ran into a package that looked like it would be a nice sirloin tip steak so I thought I'm making this last night since my iGrill2 came in the mail and I needed to test it.
I came home unpacked the steak and found out it was a thin cut, I did not read the fine print. So here I was with numerous thin slices of beef.
First I was not very happy and was about to throw it out but then I thought I just try to make something with it.
I laid all the pieces out, seasoned it with salt and pepper and laid bacon on it. I then rolled it up and tied it together as good  as I could, seasoned the outside again with S&P and there it was. I thought it will fail for sure but turned out really awesome.
I had it on the egg indirect at 350 degrees till IT hit 120. I then ramped up the egg and seared the outside till it had a nice color.
I made volcano potatoes as a side and served it on a bed of mustard cream sauce.
The whole thing came out perfect and it was very very tasty, I will make it again for sure.

Comments