Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What in the heck is this from this Brisket

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    F-ck..."Al Mar"...knives?  Oh, those people.  I concur.  Do you concur?
    Options
      I just threwup in my mouth a lil bit......wont be brisket cooking for a while now.

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I am just pleased that he found it, and didn't do a later post.."My Best One So Far"..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The thread order was just "Honeymoon". A tumored brisket, and colonoscopy cook. I am outta here 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    I wish I had a time machine to back and skip this thread. 
    Big Green Egg: Large & Mini Max
    Kamado Joe: Classic

Chicago, IL
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    That looks like Walmart is flipping US off!

@SGH - dare I ask about the white ooze??
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I can't shake that pic. It's been giving me that cold chill thinking about it all morning. I never go to Wally World and this reaffirms my stance. 
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Aww crap .. briskets only from Restaurant Depot for me now .. damn!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    I don't do Walmart either but I have gotten Briskets from Sams and all the ones I have gotten from Walmart has been so much better. That will be my last one. Took it back this morning and showed the pictures to the meat manger and his response was "I guess I will let the warehouse know" yeah right! 
    Brandon, MS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Devils Advocate @nolaegghead Eff Wal-Mart huh?  So this means it's not possible to receive this from a local butcher, RD etc (less likely maybe)?  Hey I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska for sale for those that believe that :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Makes me thankful for my source for quality brisket @fusionhq :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - I agree you can get that funk in any animal - that's an unsavory part of animal life. Might be from unnatural causes depending on the farmer's use of chemicals and drugs, but's not directly Wal-mart's fault.  Yes, it can happen in the best boutique meats. Now if they wouldn't take it back....different story.

But still - eff them.  Because their beef quality in general sucks, the employees have long since given up being amiable and nice (in general), and the whole experience shopping there is one of depression and misery and long lines. So eff them.
    But @nolaegghead where else can you go where you are guaranteed to see at least 3 people shopping in pajamas?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pretty much anywhere around here. ;)
    Options
    @sgh when you worked in a slaughter house would this be noticeable before packaging? Would other cuts of the cow also have similar tumers?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    But @nolaegghead where else can you go where you are guaranteed to see at least 3 people shopping in pajamas?
    Exactly - Wal-Mart is both a visual and a shopping experience, 300 pounders stuffed into PJs and tank tops made for 125 pounders with tat ink that is a sight to behold. I did not realize they had a horror department until this thread. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    when my daughter goes to a wal-mart after midnight, she and her friends take bets on an over/under number for kids under 10 that they'll see and the over usually wins
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I found an abscess like that one on a pork shoulder when I first got me egg.  Not only was it unsightly but it stunk bad enough to knock a buzzard off a sh!t wagon.  Took it back to Publix and received a full refund + a whole new shoulder at no charge.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • AHawk
    AHawk Posts: 8
    Options
    Buy a 12 pack and get bring home....and forget you ever say that.  Then take back and tell them you want 3 for your trouble.

• Spydermunky
    Spydermunky Posts: 75
    Options
    And I was going to cook brisket tonight....
    Large Green Egg

Kansas City, KS
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Hell I woulda smeared that crap all over the brisky, stuck some rub to it, and cooked that bad boy boy up!
    NW IOWA
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Fire up the CI and serve ...... to someone you hate 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    pre-injected with mustard
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    Options
    Bet that stuff makes it into hot dogs ,sausages, and other stuff....guess that's why I grind my own anymore
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Philly35 said:
    Hell I woulda smeared that crap all over the brisky, stuck some rub to it, and cooked that bad boy boy up!
    Kinda like Dukes?  "Pukes" maybe?

Seriously, I wish I could un-see that picture.  I've got a cast iron stomach and it made me gag.  May put me off brisket for a bit.

Does anyone think that kind of thing ever happens to Aaron Franklin?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Yuck. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.