Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Time!

Pizza is one of my all time favorite foods. We will usually go to a wood fired pizza restaurant in town when we are craving a good pie...I think that is about to change! I have made pizzas in the past with great success, but this one definitely topped them all. The crust turned out perfect and I think that made the whole thing come together, along with the sauce. I've used various different temperature ranges as well, from 500-550 to 600-625, once again, all yielding good results. This one was fired up at ~700 and took only about 3-4 minutes to cook. 

We did two different pizzas, margherita and "meat lovers". Wifey made some homemade pizza sauce, which was excellent.
Margherita was sauce, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, and a drizzle of EVOO. Went a little heavy on the moz, but it was well worth it.
Meat Lovers was sauce with added red pepper flakes, pepperoni, salami, bacon, onion, shredded moz, and parmesan. 

Margherita ready to go!

Meat Lovers ready to go!

Egg ready to go!

Drinks ready to go!

Margherita is done.

Meat Lovers is done.

Side by side

Attempt at a side shot

Beatuiful night to eat outside

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO

Comments