Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are these ribs still good?

2»

Comments

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    maybe I'm crazy...but if you cook your ribs to 180 degrees or fall off the bone, you should have killed every stinking microbe on them.  Now, if they'd smelled funny I'd have tossed them too, but just thinking about the high temp I'd think you'd be safe
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    The missing information here is you don't know how they were handled prior to your purchasing (how long they were thawed / sealed etc. If you do not have dates from the packer (packed / good through), you need to ditch them. Food Born Illness will manifest itself in the body in 6 - 8 hours. Trust me, it ain't worth the risk.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    And what about sous vide?  If you hold them at 145F for 24 hours or more and then under the broiler for a few minutes to finish them, does that make them any safer to eat?
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Afraid man never wins! 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin