Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Night at the BGC Compound

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Amazing amazing amazing

XLBGE 
  • That's one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
    "They may look like gentle, fruit-eating monkeys, but I'm pretty convinced one of these things is gonna suddenly land on my head and start humping my earhole with his sharp, furry penis, so I'm little uncomfortable."
    -Anthony Bourdain

Zionsville, IN
    LBGE, MM
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Ho Lee Shite!!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Freaking awesome! 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited April 2015
    what cost you more . . . minimax or meat?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    NDG said:
    My guess is he spent $288.06 and I would do that in a heartbeat.  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    I feel like I wasted my money on a SR brisket after seeing this 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    cazzy said:
    NDG said:
    My guess is he spent $288.06 and I would do that in a heartbeat.  

Do you have any idea how many homeless sugar gliders you could adopt for that amount of money?
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    $425 + tax
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Closest wins a big green Craig coozie?
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    McStew said:
    I feel like I wasted my money on a SR brisket after seeing this 
    I feel your pain. I ordered  3 Creekstone Packers and a few steaks. Considering seeing if it's to late to cancel. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    He's not going to say, he ducked the question the first time for some reason - probably got a deal on trade with them or something that's more related to his business and not any of ours.  I can understand not wanting to share that if you have some kind of discount or something like that.  It's prime, it's hand trimmed and it's freaking huge.  Price prime ribeye and go up from there.  If you use numbers he quoted for online from NJ, that's $35/lb so about $125/steak at those weights.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Legume said:
    He's not going to say, he ducked the question the first time for some reason - probably got a deal on trade with them or something that's more related to his business and not any of ours.  I can understand not wanting to share that if you have some kind of discount or something like that.  It's prime, it's hand trimmed and it's freaking huge.  Price prime ribeye and go up from there.  If you use numbers he quoted for online from NJ, that's $35/lb so about $125/steak at those weights.
    At that price if I dropped it I would still eat it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Did some one say a free coozie...I am in 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I say he paid $393 . . plus a Big Green Craig reach around.

Did I win?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Legume said:
    He doesn't have to say...I called!   =)

@ 19.99#, I would have bought all of them!!  Helluva price!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Legume said:
    At that price if I dropped it I would still eat it. 
    at that price i would eat the bone 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Stupendous!,  amazing piece of beef and awesome cook/pics!!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    cazzy said:
    Legume said:

yeah, that is a fantastic price.  not even close to the $35/lb of that NJ source
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    AMAZING! I sure would love just a bite. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    cazzy said:
    Legume said:

I have paid almost that much for a LOT less quality. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    NDG said:
    I say he paid $393 . . plus a Big Green Craig reach around.

Did I win?
    Now that's funny. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    I'm in shock!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• On par @BigGreenCraig , amazing as always!!
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    that's my kinda cook right there! Awesome. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    I have nothing new to offer, just to say wow, my hat is off to you sir.  I've certainly never seen anything like this before, wow.
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • SGH said:
    Craig, you should really consider posting those steaks on the Brethern, as well. They are that impressive. 
    The Brethern?

• My only question is why did you bother slicing it??  It came with a built in handle to pick it up and eat it like a giant meatsicle.  
    (That's what she said).
    That looks truly amazing.  
    Haha! I thought about it, but this actually fed 6 people! 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    ^^^Bbq brethren forum 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Wow!