Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simply Legs

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
I know many of you have seen these multiple times, but with all the talk of dieting I thought I would post one of our staples.  The skin is a no-no, but we eat some of it on these.

Marinated 24 hours in Alegro Hot & Spicy.  Direct, raised grid at 400 until the internal was 180.  It is easy to under do these, so let them cook away.  Usually takes 30-35 minutes.

Served tonight with a raw veggie plate.

Threw in a photo of the cook zone for the heck of it.  (note, no snow)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• REMtx
    REMtx Posts: 63
    Options
    Gorgeous!  I also did some legs today (simple teriyaki/soy sauce marinade) raised direct 420.  Took about the same time to finish.  Rave reviews from the family.  Might need to get one of those leg racks to efficiently organize and even cook on the grid.  I rotate the legs from hotspots every 10-15 mins or so.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    If you are OK with a little spicy, I thing the Allegro Hot & Spicy is the absolute best marinade for legs.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    I like the 1-2 zone defense that the eggs are playing :)
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :clap: That leg rack is sweet
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks awesome Doc.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    There it is - post from the Chairman of the Board of Allegro sauces. 
    Doc - you ever take the skin off prior to marinating?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Very nice
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited April 2015
    Options

No, but we don't each much skin (except with wings.)  I do marinate boneless skinless chicken and turkey.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'll take a dozen to go! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options

No, but we don't each much skin (except with wings.)  I do marinate boneless skinless chicken and turkey.
    Have done breasts and thighs without skin, then grilled like a souvlaki, never tried a skinless leg. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @Doc Eggerton 

I learned about "competition" thighs from nakedwiz.com.  It is amazing the amount of fat that can be removed. It's a pain in the butt to remove it and replace the "clean" skin but the thighs come out beautifully. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Dang, those look good!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Chicken with a built in handle. Natures genius again. Nicely done. Looks tasty!
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Very nice.  When I fist looked at the picture I thought the eggs were in the house!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)