Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida EggFest...Ann's "Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps"

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good Morning...[p]This one's attributed to my lovely wife...Ann! [p]She...(without fear or cohersion), for the "Purposes of Eggdom"...
will now...and forever be known as... [p]"Chubby's Chic"!! [p]Please.... express your condolences to her privately!![p]
Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps[p]¾ lb. cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped shallots
2 cloves garlic, finey chopped
2 tbs. unsalted butter
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. sour cream
1 tbs. finely chopped tarragon or parsley
12 slices Black Forest or Virginia ham (without holes)
12 large eggs (don’t use extra large or jumbo)[p]Preheat EGG to 375 degrees dome for direct cooking. Fit 1 slice of ham in each of the 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and fold over the edges).
Saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots in oil & butter until mushrooms have rendered off most of their liquid (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste. Evenly divide mushroom mixture into the ham cups and crack one egg into each one. Garnish with tarragon or parsley and bake (about 10 minutes) until whites are set and yolks are runny (if desired).
Remove ham crisps from muffin cups with 2 spoons or small spatulas.[p]Here...the Mushroom/Shallott filling renders in cast iron.[p]P10100152.jpg[p]Ham cups filled, and ready for the Egg.[p]P10100212.jpg[p]Ann (Chubby's Chic) and QBabe..(who are both verrrry pink...
I might add!!) carefully liberate Crisps![p]P10100402.jpg[p]The finished product!![p]P10100362.jpg[p]
Enjoy!![p]Evans[p][p][p][p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chubby,[p]I certainly did enjoy them! Those were SO good! We had a blast cooking with you two. Say hi to Ann for me![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Chubby
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Those are kind words..and we did as well![p]I think Ann's willing to do Atlanta now!![p]I sen't you a couple emails @ the home addy...did you get'em?[p]Is that a permanent home address?[p]Evans[p]PS...[p]Sorry it took me so ling to get our recipes to John...[p]My fault entirely![p]He did get them yesterday though!![p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Hey Evans,[p]Yes, the bacchettababe one is my non-work one and is the best one for friends to use. I got an email from you that was a copy of what you sent to John, and I thought I replied to the previous one. Could be I meant to and didn't??? I'll have to go investigate now![p]Glad to hear that Ann's getting into the Fests. She's definitely a great cook and fits right in![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Wow, very purty!
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Chubby,
    Do you think proscuitto would work in this recipe instead of ham? Thanks, Tom

• Chubby
    Options
    Bajatom,[p]As far as flavor....It would...but you'd have to have it sliced much thicker than proscuitto usually is...[p]The real challange would be that since it's dried and cured, I'm not so sure that once it "crisps up"...it wouldn't just fall apart, as most of the moisture is gone before you even put it on the Egg!![p]
    Let me know if you do...and what is your result.[p]Evans

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Chubby, I thought it was Canadian Bacon when I was taking a quick look :)

• Chubby
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Nope...it was just sliced Deli Ham.[p]I think it was "Black Forrest", but I think any ham you like....would be fine![p]The only trick is to get it sliced thin enoughit will
    crisp up, while thick enough not to have holes.[p]Evans[p]PS...sure was nice to get a chance to meet, and kibitz just a little Steve!!