Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Visit to new Meadowcreek BBQ store in New Holland, PA

Options
Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
Yesterday we stopped at the new location for Meadowcreek BBQ in New Holland, PA at 140 W. Main St.  They now have a nice big store with lots of accessories of all kinds.  They are an authorized Big Green Egg dealer as well as their own big smokers and grills.  Plenty of parking.

They don't have much charcoal but I hope they expand on that in the future.  They had some Royal Oak hardwood briquettes and a brand of lump charcoal that I have never seen before (don't remember the name). I had hopes they would carry Rockwood or some other premium brand.

They have expanded their meat department and now carry some fresh and frozen cuts of BBQ meat. I have attached a photo of their price list from our visit.

Nice place run by nice people and the meat is fairly priced.  I have no financial interest in the place - just a happy shopper.
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm planning to cook at their eggfest June 13th. You should as well.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Any cooker pics?
  • DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @dmw I've seen their site, I just wanted to see some informal pics. When are you getting yours?
  • DMW
    Options
    @dmw I've seen their site, I just wanted to see some informal pics. When are you getting yours?
    As soon as I get a spot setup for it. We are considering if we want to improve our backyard and do some other upgrades inside or move. Meeting with our realtor in 2 weeks. The thought of moving makes me cringe, but realistically I don't want to dump money in our property and not end up with what we really want.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Dang-everybody bailing to the Big Smokehouse in the Sky :) Hope it all comes together for you.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Very respectable prices on the meat . Wish I had a shop like that close to me.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Shiff said:
     I had hopes they would carry Rockwood or some other premium brand.

Is Meadow Creek run by a gentleman named Jesse?  If so, they're on the list and we'll get them in when we can. 

• DMW
    Options
    Shiff said:
     I had hopes they would carry Rockwood or some other premium brand.

Is Meadow Creek run by a gentleman named Jesse?  If so, they're on the list and we'll get them in when we can. 

Yep, Jesse Stoltzfus. His son Ivan Lee is handling eggfest cooks registrations this year. I need to call this week. Free to cook and free to taste.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options

As DMW said, the answer is yes and he is a great owner who believes in good customer service.  It will be great to see Rockwood lump at that store.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Shiff said:
    As DMW said, the answer is yes and he is a great owner who believes in good customer service.  It will be great to see Rockwood lump at that store.
    Ok, talked to him several times.  Nice guy.  Please tell him I'm still have him on the list and will get him in as soon as I can.
  • DMW
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - Here's some pics of a PR-60 and a 250# pig I did last August. 

I was talking to Jesse a few weeks ago about their BX-50 vertical cabinet smoker and it's capacity. In describing what I wanted from my next smoker (capacity) he helped me decide on a PR-60 rather than the BX-50. And the PR-60 is less than half the price of the BX-50. To have someone talk you into their product that is less than half the price of what you first thought you were interested in, that is excellent customer service in my book.

BTW, they have a 2 tier extender for the PR-60. He said he has smoked 34 butts at once with the 2 tier setup on the PR-60. I don't think I'll need the 2nd tier, at least not to get started. :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    @dmw, the neighbor directly behind me caters and uses on of those. He also has a gas-fired cabinet by old hickory. 

How well insulated is the 60? I'm looking for an offset along with a vertical that can be "set and forget" if need be. I like meadow creek with the sink system they have. It's a requirement in my county to have warm water for hand washing.
  • DMW
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - The PR series is not insulated. So in windy, snowy, rainy weather, it's not a good choice. However in fair weather the temps are rock solid. Once I got the vent settings dialed in I didn't have to touch it unless I wanted to change temps.

His reasoning for me getting a PR instead of a BX-50 (which is insulated) is that I already have ceramic cookers for bad weather.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    @dmw cool cool. My pops and I are gearing up for a catering gig. Everything will be trailered.
  • DMW
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - The PR series is available in both trailered (pictured) versions, as well as push around. The trailer option adds about $900 cost. For that I'm thinking I can get a small trailer to use when I want to be mobile and also have it to use for other purposes. I'm still not 100% decided on that yet. I might go for the PR-60T in the end.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Eggcelsior - The PR series is available in both trailered (pictured) versions, as well as push around. The trailer option adds about $900 cost. For that I'm thinking I can get a small trailer to use when I want to be mobile and also have it to use for other purposes. I'm still not 100% decided on that yet. I might go for the PR-60T in the end.

Shoot, I may hit up the eggfest. I'm doing their comp in August.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    @dmw how do you like cooking with the royal oak chefs select briquettes?  That's what we use at the firehouse for beef and chicken. I think they have a great flavor to them. We get it by the pallet and it is fairly cheep vrs lump. 
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I'll have to stop by and look around. Didn't know they had a new location.

Guess this is another Eggfest I will be missing, always seem to work or travel when they are near me. (That weekend will be a Bourbon Trail trip - I'll have to make do).

FYI, for those who care, I was at Tastylicks earlier this week, They had about 10 bags of Ozark Oak in stock when I left (I took 3 for myself).
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Great people, great company. I can't wait to see their new place. Will be up there teaching an EGG class on May 28th. Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ