Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The "Devastated" Thread

Options
Don't know about you but that thread and some of the stuff some sick MFers have posted ( you know who they are) has kind of turned me of the of this  entire forum. Perhaps when it's finally zapped, that feeling will go away. 
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    I stopped clicking that link 1,500 comments ago. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I thought forks turned you off?  :lol: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    It's the mosquito bite that refuses not to be scratched...
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited April 2015
    Options

I've been feeling the same way about many of the posts and replies here.  The sickness will not go away, it is a product of our 'free speech' society and the warped, immature, insensitive, uneducated individuals attempt to impress.

I've been told, by some here, that if you don't like it go elsewhere. 

Ta ta.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

I've been feeling the same way about many of the posts and replies here.  The sickness will not go away, it is a product of our 'free speech' society and the warped, immature, insensitive, uneducated individuals attempt to impress.

Ta ta.

That is funny right there!  The really crazy ones are actually very educated.  Immature is spot on though.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

EggHeadForum meets the GD on ARFCOM.....without moderation!! 

(Inside joke, not worth explaining)

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

Ta ta.

A lot of our problems as a country really would disappear if we just got rid of free speech.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I thought forks turned you off?  :lol: 
    I'd rather look at dirty fork pics than some of that stuff. There's a place for it, just not here IMHO. 

It's just a few, not the many. 

New Albany, Ohio 

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @cazzy

LOL
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    For me, I have the choice to view or not view it. Maybe it should be relocated to an off topic? I'm not a big internet surfer so as I scroll thru some of the gifs and images and laugh my arse off. So far my favorite is the guy who sets his hair on fire, has someone roast a marshmallow and as he is burning, he stops to eat the marshmallow. Now that was funny.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Ta ta.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    People conflate free speech with lack of consequence.

Free speech means the gov't cannot persecute you.  It does not mean you can say/show anything you want and get off scott free.  The individual is welcome to fire you, get offended, boycott etc.  It just means the gov't won't toss your dumb arse in jail.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    People conflate free speech with lack of consequence.

Free speech means the gov't cannot persecute you.  It does not mean you can say/show anything you want and get off scott free.  The individual is welcome to fire you, get offended, boycott etc.  It just means the gov't won't toss your dumb arse in jail.

Au contraire mon ami. Free speech is what it is. Take it all or take nothing. In the GWN they have outlawed some forms, racial slurs, religious matters etc. It's not free after that. Dilemma...yes. Not taking a side but fact is fact

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I guess I missed something.  I need to start paying more attention.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    As the saying goes, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Don't know about you but that thread and some of the stuff some sick MFers have posted ( you know who they are) has kind of turned me of the of this  entire forum. Perhaps when it's finally zapped, that feeling will go away. 
    Check out BBQbrethren.  Lots of great cooks and people.  The lunatics don't run the asylum there.  Pretty quick moderation.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, consider white (power?) forums or more moderated places that are less diverse.   Seems like your comfort zone is narrow. The "suburbia" of forums, where ever that Shangri-la is.  I hope you find it, my intolerant friend.
    Options
    I actually liked the thread for the first few pages......then it was all down hill.   Some of it was funny at first but it got to be disturbing very quick. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @nolaegghead you are the best devil's advocate I have ever met!  Your ability to make someone stand back and re-asses is fun to watch.  Either that or I am to empathetic.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Thanks ozzie.  My point is just that, devil's advocate.   I want people to look at issues from all sides, not just what they want, think, or have been indoctrinated to believe.   Question every thing.  
    Options

Ta ta.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
    Except, apparently there are things said in this forum that WILL "disappear" or be censored if some moderator doesn't agree with it... Not sure if it was my post or a response to my post, but when I tried to post to that thread, I got "your post will appear once approved".   So much for real free speech...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @onedbguru what you described as censorship or moderation is nothing more than a hiccup in vanilla code. Has nothing to do with moderation. That occurs sometimes when quoting something that's already been quoted multiple times. And sometimes just because...a glitch if you will. "When" Devastated gets the axe it won't be a glitch.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Someone is saying or doing something that someone else doesn't approve of but isn't being forced to participate in or even observe.

Sounds like a good reason to start a petition...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    @nolaegghead you are the best devil's advocate I have ever met!  Your ability to make someone stand back and re-asses is fun to watch.  Either that or I am to empathetic.
    Really?

The man just implied that you are at best an intolerant segragationist, and at worst a racist. All for not embracing a massive trolling thread on a cooking forum?

Where is the epiphany in that?
    Gittin' there...
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    DMW said:
    Someone is saying or doing something that someone else doesn't approve of but isn't being forced to participate in or even observe.

Sounds like a good reason to start a petition...

It also sounds like something that will finally be heading to the Supreme Court soon.