Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kobe beef burgers topped with a poached egg, koolickle sauce and peanut butter

paqman
paqman Posts: 4,660
Not all on the same burger :)

#1 Kobe beef, poached egg and koolickle sauce (mayonnaise, pickle marinated in kool-aid, hot pepper relish and ketchup):

Comments

• paqman
    #2 Kobe beef, peanut butter and hot pepper relish:

Those look tasty.  Interesting choices!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Wow those look great..I am sure plenty of napkins needed for those bad boys. Awesome as always..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Very interesting. Your missing your tomatoe:-(
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    #2 is right up my alley. Very fun looking burgers.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Great looking burgers 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Just another off the chart cook from @paqman.  Looks most eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    @mgd_egg @johnmitchell @cook861 @lousubcap Thanks!

@Roadpuke0 I know...  It was a last minute decision so I kinda had to improvise with the ingredients that I had on hand.  After reading @RRP burger thread and the fact that I just received a meat mail order that included the Kobe patties, I just had to do it but no tomatoes in the pantry...

@Ozzie_Isaac #2 was good but next time I'll add a few bacon slices.  #1 was just awesome, the koolickle sauce was incredible

Defently looked good but It looked like a tomatoe would have been icing on the cake. Better than what I had for dinner for sure. Just a fan of the mato on a burger. 

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Just realized you did the peanut butter so maybe the no tomatoes was a blessing? Might clash

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • paqman
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Just realized you did the peanut butter so maybe the no tomatoes was a blessing? Might clash
    @Roadpuke0 a tomato on #1 would have been nice for sure and it would have added some color.  We also eat with our eyes...  Tomatoes on #2, not so much.

@hapster Thanks!

I have a question.  If I am eating a Kobe beef hamburger, what should I experience that is different from regular beef?  I had a Kobe beef burger at a restaurant once.  I didn't notice anything special, but I also have no idea how honest the menu was. 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• paqman
    Zmokin said:
    I have a question.  If I am eating a Kobe beef hamburger, what should I experience that is different from regular beef?  I had a Kobe beef burger at a restaurant once.  I didn't notice anything special, but I also have no idea how honest the menu was. 
    @Zmokin They were better than average beef patties but not 10$/pattie better... very tasty but I am not sure that I will buy them again.  That being said they were fairly raw when compared to how SWMBO usually makes me cook burgers.  She is away for the weekend so I cooked them to my taste.

You wont notice kobe if you put F'n peanut butter on it.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Where did you get Kobe beef in the United states?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • paqman
    @badinfluence I live in Canuckistan.  Mail delivery from premiummeats.ca

It is sold as Kobe but I doubt that it actually is from Japan.  It is probably Wagyu.

@paqman ok that makes more sense as fact is you can NOT get Kobe in the US. They might try and sell it as such but it is a marketing scam.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    @paqman ok that makes more sense as fact is you can NOT get Kobe in the US. They might try and sell it as such but it is a marketing scam.
    Yeah, if you check out what wiki has to say about kobe, in the usa you are getting a kobe breed crossbred with angus or something.  it sounds like true Kobe wasn't exported from japan until 2012 and I know it was like 5 to 6 years ago when I had the "Kobe" burger at a local restaurant, and the price I paid was way to low for the real stuff to have been imported for it.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.