Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good pizza!

Options
CANMAN1976
CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
Found a really good dough recipie on here..thanks pacman. Oh and the Corona is da wife's ...lol

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Nice!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Nice pie, has anyone told your yard it's spring?
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Good lookin.  Been working on my dough recipe & pizza technique lately.  Testing super high heat pizzas.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Crust looks excellent !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice looking zaw but i had to stand on my head .lol
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
  • MHambone9
    MHambone9 Posts: 10
    Options
    What is the recipe? Looks good
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice pie, has anyone told your yard it's spring?
    Ditto!  I don't like snow in the winter; I really don't like it any other time of the year.  And what's wrong with a Corona?  Nice job on the pie!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Good looking pizza.
  • CANMAN1976
    Options
    Thanks guys I believe it was:

1000g 00 flour
    650g water
    10g salt 
    1pkg yeast

no oil or sugar, very straight forward..cooked 600 deg. Nice crunch on outside and nice soft chewy inside

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    nice pies - even if they are winter pies by the looks of the snow, nasty winter - they should be giving you T shirts with "I survived the winter of '14-'15". 
    00 is nice to work with and makes great crust, being cheap I was on the lookout for something more reasonably priced. DIL is Italian and her Mom makes great pie dough. She has always claimed oil is not needed and she turned me onto Rogers Silver Star, available at Costco. This stuff makes excellent pie dough/bread and pretzels. If you do any other baking and have a Costco nearby, try it out. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    Looks quite tasty.  Thanks for posting your dough recipe - how long and how many times did you let it rise, any time in the fridge?   
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    You need to call out the Twice as Mad Tom. No one would notice the Corona. And nice pizza. How much snow is left?  We are clear but it snowed this morning. Just a bit sticking around though. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • CANMAN1976
    Options
    gmac said:
    You need to call out the Twice as Mad Tom. No one would notice the Corona. And nice pizza. How much snow is left?  We are clear but it snowed this morning. Just a bit sticking around though. 
    Snow is starting to go and there are patches of grass in places

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice pie! Are you embarrassed of the Corona?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's one nice looking pie! I can't believe how much snow you still have.  It is apparently the same in NB.  It is all melted here and the ice crust on the pool finished melting yesterday.

Options
    paqman said:
    That's one nice looking pie! I can't believe how much snow you still have.  It is apparently the same in NB.  It is all melted here and the ice crust on the pool finished melting yesterday.
    Crazy winter down here as we had over 550 cm of snow total!!!
    So looking forward to summer,I believe the dough was originally your recipie Pacman and it is a great recipie at that;)

Sticky dough though.