Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

opinions on mini max

Options
2»

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Note to owner of cool looking metal band stand for the Mini. I would not use that. Have seen several cut in half by that kind if stand. Now if the metal around the Mini is not binding: never mind. 
    If you are referring to my pics @Mickey, that is a concern to me, but that is what it came with.  I hope to be building my outdoor kitchen this summer and maybe getting rid of that, but if it brakes its a reason to sell the wife on a MM or Small.  =)
    Just FYI, this can happen...
    Photo by lowercasebill

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• sirlancealot
    Options
    Okay, I'm back with some prices like I promised. I live in Sumter SC,

Mini-$349.00
    MM-$549.00
    Small-449.00
    Tax not included.

Forgive me, I was way off on my earlier calculations. Now I don't know
    What I want to get to compliment my large.
    When it comes to portability, I could save $200.00 and get the mini.
    Or the choped down version of the small.

• yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Those are some really good prices by the way. 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Those prices, I'd probably go with the small. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @RRP, has an Egg carrier I believe to move his small around if you want it to be portable.  I like the Small, because you can put more lump in it and do smaller L&S's if you want.  That's the one I was wanting to go with my XL or the Mini.  I don't have the need to really travel with an egg right now.  @sirlancealot, have fun deciding, they are all good choices.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @sirlancealot , hey brother. Thanks for the update on prices. I think the Mini could be had for as low as $275 if your patient and check CL. Good luck on your decision. Tim 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.