Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQs Comp. Ribs-large pics

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some of Dr. BBQ's Competition ribs Saturday. I cut up a Costco cryopac’s of BBR’s and made four ½ racks with this recipe's foil step and two without. I did reduce the braising fluid to make a glaze for the final stage. Cooked at about 270 dome (240 to 250 grid) for most of the time and finished at 300+ dome indirect for the last stage of the foiled and glazed ribs. Sorry, no cross rib section shots.[p]The dry is on the left and two "candied" ones on the right. I also made his "Big Squeeze " mustard BBQ sauce and it rocks! Tasted like a Honey Mustard dressing sauce. Served it with the pulled pork I posted pictures of earlier.[p]
20063-drbbqbbrs1.jpg
[p]For the rub, I like to use a mixture of pure fresh chili powder which yields a red hue to the meat.
20063-drbbqbbrs2.jpg
[p][p]

Comments

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,[p]Hmmmm At 8:35 this morning, all was well - I was ready for the week. At 8:40 I see your post and are now starving and already planning next weekends cook. I happen to have a Costco cryo pack of BB's in the freezer now...[p]THOSE LOOK GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!