Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Patio upgrade

Options
New for 2015, I upgraded the patio TV this year. I just wish the Phillies were worth watching. 

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Ok first time posting on mobile. I'll figure it out. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I like it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Cool, a badminton racket!  
  • McNuttly
    McNuttly Posts: 99
    Options
    zat for swat'n bumble bees & whatnot?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Don't go and smash that thing when Tebow makes his inaugural appearance with the Eagles.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I see you have a solid rain proof roof.  That is how all of my patio roofs have been.  I like to be able to sit outside during the rain and be able to stay dry.  Those open lattice patio covers just don't do it for me.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Hungry Joe
    Options
    McNuttly said:
    zat for swat'n bumble bees & whatnot?
    Yes! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Personally I'm not a fan of vertically hung tvs.  I like mine horizontal. :giggle: 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hungry Joe
    Options

Zmokin said:
    I see you have a solid rain proof roof.  That is how all of my patio roofs have been.  I like to be able to sit outside during the rain and be able to stay dry.  Those open lattice patio covers just don't do it for me.

This is the man cave patio. We spend most of the summer here. 
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    Don't go and smash that thing when Tebow makes his inaugural appearance with the Eagles.  

I have no idea what they are doing.  I'm being patient. Being from South jersey I have to be an eagles fan. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, where are you located? I want an outdoor TV. For now I just stream Tivo to my tablet and phone when outside.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hungry Joe
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm near Hammonton.

I built an enclosure and have an all weather cover that you can see on the chairs under the TV. So far no problems but I do also have the roof over head.

I've had a TV out here for the last 4 years but got tired of not being able to see it when the sun was bright. This is a 40" Vizio  I picked up at Costco for $330 and so far it looks great.

Yes the badminton racket is for the carpenter bee's and hornets. The mallet next to the racket is for the gong, yes I have a gong. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I was kidding of course, nice addition to the good times. 
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    I was kidding of course, nice addition to the good times. 
    The racket is quite entertaining actually. Carpenter bees make the best sound when hit. Other then them I leave most of the bees alone unless they try to nest under the roof.