Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: travisstrick

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
@travisstrick - Yo, Travis - I've sent you a couple messages. I hope you have read them and will oblige. Ron
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    No friend I haven't. I bet I owe you money. I had back surgery the week you sent me those gaskets. I remember asking you for them but don't remember paying you. It's odd I haven't received your messages. Re send please. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I don't remember much from that week. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,101
    Options
    No friend I haven't. I bet I owe you money. I had back surgery the week you sent me those gaskets. I remember asking you for them but don't remember paying you. It's odd I haven't received your messages. Re send please. 
    You also owe me $1500 from that week.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Just double checked inbox. No messages. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Thank you, Travis! Sorry to hear about your back surgery - I have have been dodging that surgery bullet for 6 months now! I hope you recover completely and quickly! I'm still scared to undergo the surgery by having steroid injections and swallowing pain pills - what was your surgery?

Since my emails didn't seem to be reaching you I printed out one of them this morning and already have the envelop sealed and stamped to go out in the morning.

Again - I hope you heal well!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Radio frequency oblation (sp?) not really surgery like you think but lots of  opiates just the same. My l3-s1 is jacked. If this doesn't work, I'll be looking for a new job in the next year or two. 

As long as I'm  ambulatory, I refuse to get spinal fusion. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Dang Travis.  I hope your back heals.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are down, but it is my understanding that you have blackout weekends on a regular basis - Your reputation is intact! 

Get well soon. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Luckily I'm young still. I went camping the same weekend. I'm better but back next week for more nerve frying. 

Post script: Percocet and Evan Williams work well together. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm praying all goes well for you Travis.  I have had back trouble since around Thanksgiving and it sux!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I feel you brother. We are same age and my back is jacked too. Mine is a result of a bad ankle though and body overcompensating. Have ankle reconstruction in December.  :s
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Travis, didn't know your back was in bad shape. Hope it gets worked out for you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Travis did a few too many "Eiffel Towers" in his day.  That takes a toll.
    Options
    Travis did a few too many "Eiffel Towers" in his day.  That takes a toll.
    If you are using this^^^^^^^^^^^^in the same context that we do. Well I will just leave it alone....... I would hate to think that brother strick did that though. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I continue learn more stuff in this BBQ forum that I don't I need to know.