Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remote Check wireless thermometer

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
rcheck.jpg
<p />Hey, thanks to whomever gave us the link to Amazon.com and the Remote Check for $40. I got it today and immediately noticed a unit that was MUCH easier to use than the Nu_Temp wireless thermometer that GFW and I have. This unit is much better and very easy to set up and get synced up together. I found that if you unplug a probe it does not cause the whole system to crash like the Nu-Temp does. Much Much better. I have not yet cooked anything but the display is easier to set up, it's easier to sync and manually resync, two probes rather than just one, and easier display to read. It would be great if it had a "low" temp setting alarm for those long overnight cooks we all do for pulled pork(except danny). [p]Tim M
segg2.jpg

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Looks pretty cool...curious how it holds up.
    You are a true thermometer collector! How many units do you have in your thermometer cabinet??
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Tim M, sure courious as to how it works over the next few weeks. Good luck!

• Just returned from Chicago we will have a new line of remote thermometers we will be distributing. I will get you some literature as soon as I get my hands on it and get your input.
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Mine arrived Friday and just in time for my party cook. It worked like a champ from Humpty behind the house to the kitchen all the way up front through several walls. I'm surprised at how much functionality is built in. For $40, this is a no brainer.[p]K~G[p]
  • Tim M
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]When I look at my two Polders w/ probes, they don't even come close to that workhorse of yours. I have those(5 probes total) and a Polder instant read, generic instant read, Nu-Temp w/ 2 transmitters, 2 digi-temp forks (they were a gift and only come out when those people come over), and 3-4 bi-metal meat thermometers - and now this one. Now I am glad Earl needed that other Polder w/probe I had. Yea, don't need anymore![p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Options
    Dale Kelley,[p]D'Mayor of Waldorf! Good to hear that rough growl again. You rubb'n salt in my $40 wound? Now you tell me. [p]Tim ->> a day late and a dollar short again