Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rib membrane- take it off?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to this game. thinking of doing some ribs today. wondering, do you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs or leave it on. If you take it off will they dry out? Also, over direct heat or indirect?
Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    chrisb,
    You can see "1" way of doing it on my website in the cooks section....as far as direct or indirect...either way, in time YOU will decide which method you prefer....HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Hasenpheffer
    Options
    chrisb,
    Yes, take the membrane off. I do my ribs the 3/1/1.5 method at about 250 degrees - indirect (3) hours then wrap in foil ,add a little apple juice and cook (1) hour and then remove from foil and cook direct 1 to 1.5 hours. [p]Let us know how they turn out.

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    chrisb,
    I just went out to check the egg temp for my baby backs.... and dang ifn that white stuff wasn't fallin from the sky agin!!!
    Wingrider

• Wingrider,
    They're calling for 4 to 8 for tomorrow afternoon up into Tuesday. Actually the first real snow we've had here in our part of MO. I cook in the snow, rain and heat.