Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prayer warriors 3 yr old grandson

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    praying now and waiting to hear back from neighbor about the neurologist that treated their daughter.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Praying for Landon.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    In our prayers! Hope you get some answers soon.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    I understand perfectly, I went through the same thing only it was me as a young adult and had 4 seizures and they never found anything and nothing again for 40 years.  I certainly can be scary, especially the unknown.  I'll pray for the same for Landon
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    May God bless your grandson Landon and the whole family..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    He will be fine. Grandpa needs to teach him all things Egg! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    There's a lot of great doctors here in the ATL. They'll get this figured out in no time. Prayers and good vibes headed your way. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Prayers are sent brother...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I hope they diagnose and treat your grandson successfully. 
    Prayers said for Landon & the whole family.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    AUCE said:
    My 3 yr old grandson has been hospitalized for seizures of an unknown origin. 3 seizures since yesterday am. Cat scans, toxicology and other blood work has determined nothing. EEG HOPEFULLY SHOWS WHATS GOING ON. We are seeking the BEST pediatric Neurologist in the Atlanta area. Any help would be appreciated. Please pray for our precious grandson Landon.

Players for your grandson and your family.  My wife surfers from epilepsy and has since she was at least 13.  When we met she said she hadn't had a seizure in a long time, but a few days latter  had one in the evening while I was talking to her.  She went back to her doctor and they were able to get them under control.  I know this doesn't help much, but being there for him and praying that the doctoral figure it out does.  Modern medicine is great and will continue to pray your little guy gets better soon.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers going out for Landon.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Happy thoughts,  vibes, and prayers sent their way. Hopefully it will be something that they can figure out soon and get him well.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Praying for the little fellow.  The love of family will be will be some of the best medicine.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    prayers sent for Landon
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Options
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Praying for Landon and your family. 
  • Blassiter
    Blassiter Posts: 195
    Options
    Prayers coming Landon's way.

LBGE - 2/12/2015

Chesapeake, VA

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    You've got it Auce. 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am glad to hear he is released, I will keep your family in my prayers

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    Update:
    First....I want to express my deep appreciation to all those whom commented and kept us in your prayers.
    Landon went through a litany of tests to try and determine what may have caused his seizures. The end result was there was no recognizable cause thank you God. His neurologist is of the belief that it was the direct result of a virus although none was found. 
    A bit of backstory....
    Two days prior to his episodes he was having an unusually quiet morning with my daughter who was working on her blog and Landon under the desk playing when out the the blue he said." Shhhhh. .mommy,  there's Charley. My daughter stopped.dead in her tracks and said what? Landon said Charlies in the kitchen..My daughter of course freaks out without alarming him and says who's Charley? Landon replies he's in the kitchen and then says no he's in the pantry now. She asked if Charlie is his friend he says no he's not nice. She asks are you scared? He replies yes and she asked him if he would like to get in her lap which he proceeded to do and then projectile vomited all over her.
    The point here is that when they had there first appt. With the neurologist the very first question he asked was has Landon had any visions or omens recently?
    She immediately  looks at my wife wide eyed and says yes. We'll the doctor explains it is very common for children to have them and is frequently a precursor to a seizure.  Whoddathunkit. .....
    The doctor is convinced that Landons episodes were the result of some form of virus although none was found. He said he would bet they will never have the need to see him again.
    We are beyond grateful to everyone involved and those whom prayed for us when we needed it most.
    THANK YOU ALL...
    Sometimes we all seem to forget in our day to day lives how precious those around us are....give those you love a hug. ..tell em you love them and keep the faith....

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Wow this is fantastic news..Thanks for the update. I must admit the hairs on my neck were standing up when you were explaining the kitchen and pantry episode..Once again awesome Saturday morning news..God bless Landon and the whole family...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear he is doing well!  The Charlie story is really freaky, straight out of a horror movie. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Wow. That is very interesting. I don't believe I've ever heard of anything like that. Wonder what kind of virus would cause it?
    I'm happy he's home and continues to be healthy.

XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Thanks for the update and glad he is well. Reminds me to hug mine more often

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Wow. That is very interesting. I don't believe I've ever heard of anything like that. Wonder what kind of virus would cause it?
    I'm happy he's home and continues to be healthy.

Strange to say the least. Thank you God for taking care of Landon!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Great news!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am sorry to hear. Prayers sent for your grandson and your family. As well as the care providers. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD