Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

what did you cook, or going to cook today?

bbqwizardbbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and ended up buying "Turkey Filet Mignon". Basically it is a turkey breast that has been cut and/or shaped into a circle. Then it's wrapped in uncured bacon and skewered. So, I just started the charcoal and will be grillin one of those along with asparagus and sweet potato wedges seasoned with cumin and rosemary. For dessert I made an all natural "very good" for you blueberry crisp.[p]So what was/is on the menu for tonight?[p]phillip

Comments

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    bbqwizard,
    Well.... We started with baby back ribs for lunch with potatoe salad and cole slaw. Then marinated two tri-tips, which are on now, and are having a salad and some jalapeno bread for dinner, and brocolli. Margaritas and beer afterwards!

• bbqwizardbbqwizard Posts: 119
    ronbeaux,[p]Sounds awesome! You know, these days I eat VERY healthy, and I'm entitled (and should) to a cheat day or at least a meal. But, I find that I just cannot do it. I have to analyze everything to death. i never use to be this way- not even three months ago when i was still doing fine in the weight dept. However, I will say this: Since getting very strict in what I eat (even on my free day) there has been an extreme amount of noticable difference in my body shape.[p]So you're probably asking yourself why i'm rambling on about this aren't you? Well, you mentioned beer, and now I think I'm going to open a guiness. Sorry for the dialog- thanks for listening. BTW, Margaritas are my fav!!!!![p]phillip

bbqwizard,
    Whoo!, I thought I had got an e-mail from my doctor for a minute there. My brother and his wife came over from Texas to visit and I was just showing off the egg. (He's been on the phone 3 times to dealers in his area so I think he is hooked, which is not surprising since he makes custom fishing rods, now I'm rambling) Anyway, have a good evening we are fixing to eat!!!

• DobieDadDobieDad Posts: 502
    bbqwizard,[p]Home alone tonight, so thought I might sear a steak.[p]But there is just something about a hamburger on the Egg that is irresistable.[p]I went to my favorite butcher and bought 3/4 lb of freshly ground chuck.[p]Tossed it with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Divided into two patties and seared at nuke temps on the small. I had some Tillamook cheddar sliced thin and put it on the burgers after they were flipped. Oh, man.[p]It worked for me![p]DD
  • bbqwizard,[p]I cooked 2 spackcocked chickens and am getting ready for 4 boston butts. I just need a rub recipe. Anyone used Elder Ward's? I am out of DP as indicated in the post below.[p]Ed
    ronbeaux,[p]lol! have a great night.[p]phillip

• bbqwizard,[p]Today it's a couple of baby back slabs, smothered in Dizzy Dust. I'll finish them off with some of my homemade bbq sauce.[p]Geez - now I need to figure out what to have on the side!
  • AlaskanC,[p]Care to share the infamous Alaskan recipe??

bbqwizard,
    Ah Hah! My plan worked. My Brother is a comercial building Superintendant with great carpenter skills and has just described the perfect egg nest to me to fit his patio. If that ain't hooked I don't know what is, besides the fact that him and his wife are both layed up like a hound dog from eating too much! check out "gulfcoastrods.net" to see his fishing rod work. I'm sure a mighty fine table will follow.

• Richard,
    I will definitely share the recipe once I get it just right. It changes a bit each time I make it, but I'm getting there.... I hope! :)

ronbeaux,[p]WOW! That's great! I'm jealous...I want one..lol.[p]BTW, those "Turkey Mignons" are fantastic! I was good and only ate one. However, I couldn't resist any longer. I had a big piece of cake a little while ago (shhhhhh, don't tell anyone). It was Gooooood. Like they say, you're entitled to at least one free meal a week and if you can do it, an entire day is sometimes okay too.[p]On a side note: I met someone at Trader Joe's today from Hawaii....we exchanged numbers, and she called me first! We're meeting for breakfast on Tuesday:D[p]phillip