Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Salad

Cooked some thighs on the mini a couple of days ago. Seasoned with garlic and onion powder, some parsley and a bit of thyme. Decided to make chicken salad with one of them today. Chicken, red onion, celery, mayo, dijon and a squirt of fresh lemon juice, oh and a little fresh cracked pepper. Delicious lunch with enough for tomorrow too. Even reasonably healthy. Didn't use a lot of mayo and only ate half of what i DID use.

And I used the good china! :lol: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Two please
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I love making chicken salad on the egg. My last batch was curry chicken salad. Good stuff
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    One of the best leftover uses for chicken.  Enjoy it, as much as the rotiss'd bird.  Been wanting to try Greek yogurt as a partial substitute.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Healthy and good 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    You can send me the other half please!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Thanks, guys. I often make that with leftovers from a whole bird too. This time around, it was just a few thighs and I just finished the last one tonight (with steamed broccoli and some roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary. Delicious and healthy!

Whole bird waiting in the fridge to be spatched tomorrow night. Haven't tried that on the mini yet. Might have to just do half a bird at a time. We'll see.

Yes, I do get tired of chicken. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut