Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and Fries

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
All the burger posts this week had me really wanting burgers, so I got ground beef out of the freezer a couple days ago.

The weather was perfect today, and I was stuck inside looking out my office window most of the day, re-considering my career choice and wishing I was outside. I have such a short memory of the nasty winter that is finally over.

Make some 5oz burgers out of the ground beef and dusted with SPOG, then put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

I decided I wanted fries with my burger and we had some potatoes that needed to be used. My wife sliced the fries while I got everything setup. I had never deep fried on the egg before, so I was a bit hesitant.

Got the oil to 275* and blanched the fries for about 4 minutes or so.

While that was happening I put the burgers on the XL raised at about 375.

Got the first batch of fries out of the oil and blanched the second batch.

Once all the fries were blanched I brought the oil up to 375* and fried them. While this was happening I flipped and rearranged the burgers to make sure they were cooking evenly.

First batch of fries out of the oil:

Burgers finished:

Plated with a dill spear. I kept the burgers simple. Martin's potato roll with ketchup, mustard, tomato, and lettuce.

Turned out pretty good. The burgers could have used 30 seconds or so on hot cast iron to develop a nice crust, but with hot oil in the wok, I really wasn't going to add another step tonight.

I'm really glad Spring seems to have finally arrived, hope everyone is having a great week so far.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments