Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING...OldDave

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think it was you that reccommended a basket for cooking meatloaf, I bought one and tried it last night. I had a problem getting it out of the basket, it stuck everywhere. It was a fairly loose(wet) loaf and I had it filled to the top, probably not good ideas. I sprayed it with Pam first. What do you do to keep them from sticking? -RP

Comments

• AZRP,[p]I don't use a basket but always use a perforated pizza pan for my meatloaf so it is not stewing in all that fat. I Pam the pan before I use it. Kinda hard to see the holes in the pan in this picture but they are there.[p]Dave[p]36MVC-008E.jpg

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IMG_00991.jpg
    <p />AZRP,
    now that Dave has replied so I don't have to feel like I'm butting in here...this is my basket I use all the time. I merely spray it with PAM and never have the problem you describe. I wonder though if it may have something to do with the fat content in the meat...I typically use 80% ground chuck and I also use 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs - so maybe my loaf is more firm than yours.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JR
    JR Posts: 31
    Options
    Old Dave,
    The meatloaf looks good Dave.
    Would you like to share the recipe?

• AZRP
    Options
    Old Dave,
    Sorry man, I thought it was you, must have been RRP. Thanks. -RP

• AZRP
    Options
    RRP,
    Yup that's the basket. I soaked cubes of bread in egg and milk instead of bread crumbs. Also had a pretty big load in the basket, had to destroy the loaf to get it out. It was delicious but messy. Thanks. -RP

• John,[p]I will send it to you thru e-mail with some pictures.[p]Dave