Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Ground Chuck Burger ala tarheelmatt

@tarheelmatt inspired me to make burgers .. so tried to replicate what he did .. came out real good.

1. Ground 2lbs of chuck bought from FreshMarket and mixed it with Worcestershire sauce and Oakridge BBQ Black Ops and Habenero Death Dust. Formed the patties by hand and stuck them back in the refrigerator.

2. Got the BGE upto 425 and put the Bayou Classic griddle in the BGE. First thing I put on was the center cut thick bacon (store bought)

3. Sliced 2 red onions with 4 serrano peppers cut lengthwise, and then sauteed them on the griddle .. the onions and the peppers sizzled nicely in the bacon fat.

4. Took the burgers out of the refrigerator and put them on the griddle .. cooked them for 4 minutes each side. Family wont eat anything less than well done, so used the Thermapen and pulled them out at approx 170.

5. The burgers were very juicy .. plated with asian slaw, sweet potato fries, onion rings. Burger topped with sauteed onions & serrano peppers, pepper jack cheese & bacon on a onion hamburger bun. Hamburger nirvana!

Thanks @tarheelmatt for inspiring me to cook this fantastic yet simple meal!

LBGE & Mini
Orlando, FL

Comments