Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQ Brisket Trouble

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put a brisket(flat) on the large egg at 10:00 last night. It has now been cooking for over 14 hours and the internal temp is still at 156 degrees (it has been there for at least 4 hours). The dome temp of the egg has remained steady at 230 degrees. I just opened the dome for the first time and moved the Maverick Termometer to different place in the brisket, but the temp did not change. Any suggestions or should I just stay the course and wait it out?

Comments

• db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Havanah Daydreamin,
    Pull the probe out and check it in boiling water then report back.

• db,
    Good suggestion, I just checked it ant the thermometer is registering accutately in boiling water. The temp has now gone up to 158, so maybe it is just slow to get over the hump. I am just concerned about it drying out while I wait.

• db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Havanah Daydreamin,
    That's good news. I guess your next step will be determined on what time you want to eat. If you want to eat this afternoon you can wrap it and crank up the temp a little. If you can wait, I'd baste the brisket with whatever you like. I think it helps to have some oil in your baste.