Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unofficial April Throwdown (Edited)

Options
13»

Comments

• NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Lots of nice looking cooks and good inspiration for future dinners. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Thinking about giving my loan voter a prize... lol
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    I'm such a sucker for pizza...
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    It's crashing my phone browser too! Next time I'm going to have to do the 5 image files (with compilations) vs 5 photos trick too. I went by the letter of the law with exactly 5 photos for my first throwdown so I couldn't capture as much of the cook! Love the way the others look - good idea!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    It's crashing my phone browser too! Next time I'm going to have to do the 5 image files (with compilations) vs 5 photos trick too. I went by the letter of the law with exactly 5 photos for my first throwdown so I couldn't capture as much of the cook! Love the way the others look - good idea!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Lots of good ideas on this thread.  Sorry I did not see it in time.  I butterflied a leg of lamb (a new experience) and used grape vines for smoke.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats to our winner @shucker
    Thank you to all whom participated and gave it a shot. The theme was something I felt was out of most folks comfort zone. Great job to everybody. :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    It was an honor and privilege to compete against such an esteemed group of eggers willing to try Greek.  

I thought I might have had a chance to come in from behind, and I even considered sneaking one in the back door by voting for myself.  In the end, however, having tripled my vote count from the last throw down, I'm quite content not to have been bringing up the rear.  

Big thanks to @NPHuskerFL for organizing the contest and sending out the booty to @shucker, the worthy winner.  Looking forward to the next chance to try some new techniques!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Great entries on this one. Felt like an idiot for not having the proper pics to enter this one. "Pics or it didn't happen" So I will hopefully get in the next one. 

Congrats @shucker
    Great entries everyone!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @shucker I now hand over the Throwdown Challenge torch to you. I hope you have fun hosting the next one :smiley:   
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    @shucker I now hand over the Throwdown Challenge torch to you. I hope you have fun hosting the next one :smiley:   
    Great throwdown @NPHuskerFL  I appreciate all the votes and congratulations.  I do wish more people would've voted.  Its a shame how many great cooks put their efforts into the throwdown and only a handful of people take the time to hit the LIKE button.   Either way, I had a great time cooking for this throwdown and had as much fun eating!  I'll plan on hosting the next throwdown in early May before everyone gets too bust with early summer vacations and Memorial Day.  stay tuned.

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG