Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops and garlic rosemary potatoes

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't know much about lamb chops, but those look great. But those potatoes!!! I LOVE those things! First saw them in a Batali cookbook. He used whole, unpeeled garlic cloves. My kinda prep work. :) Quick, easy and delicious!

Nice cook!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Scrumptious looking meal right there!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Looks great!  Love the taters. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Nice!  I've got to get some lamb, it's been a while
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Tasty looking meal you have there.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Those taters sure look good!

Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Chubbs
    Options
    I don't know much about lamb chops, but those look great. But those potatoes!!! I LOVE those things! First saw them in a Batali cookbook. He used whole, unpeeled garlic cloves. My kinda prep work. :) Quick, easy and delicious!

Nice cook!
    Q, these are great-- use a marinade for 24 hours on them and they pair well with the potatoes. 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nice!  I've got to get some lamb, it's been a while
    Been a while for me too. The price was right at the store so I filled the craving
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Nice cook!
    Q, these are great-- use a marinade for 24 hours on them and they pair well with the potatoes. 
    Those potatoes would pair well with JELLO!!! They are awesome! Try the unpeeled garlic next time. If you like garlic, the roasted whole cloves are delicious all by themselves!! Just squeeze 'em out of their "paper".

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Home run boss!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Nice cook!
    When prep meat, you not use modern time.  One sun cycle = 24 hours.  So you marinate one sun cycle.  This message brought by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
    Options
    Nailed it. Nice plate. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That looks great..Love that combo of Lamb,garlic and rosemary..Those potatoes look fantastic..Congrats.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Nice cook!
    When prep meat, you not use modern time.  One sun cycle = 24 hours.  So you marinate one sun cycle.  This message brought by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
    Gotcha. I will remember that for my next cook
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Looks great.  Looks like a reverse sear on the chops....you know what internal temp you pulled initially?   Love the potatoes too.  Definitely going to try that.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Chubbs ...how do you do the potatoes? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • UCFFAN
    UCFFAN Posts: 38
    Options
    NICE Post Chump!!

What's your brine? How bout Leg of Lamb? Love LOL but have yet to do it on the Egg. Love my Prime Rib on the Egg... bet the lamb is great that way too.... And your potato recipe is right on target and yup it could go with Jello or Whip-Creme! 

Thanks for the post....working up a menu for tomorrow right now!