Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Trader Joe's

Options
this stuff rocks, I've put it on everything from tuna melts to eggs to adding it to stir fry.  Not much heat, great flavor.

That at is all.

Comments

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    I'm beggining to think there's nothing in trader joes that tastes bad. You want something good, try the cookie butter ice cream. 
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Looks interesting. Reminds me its time to make a TJ run.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Their Sriracha BBQ Sauce is pretty phenomenal.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    I have a bottle of that but haven't opened it.  What do you use it on?  I was thinking might be a great base for bbq chicken pizza.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lewisj82 said:

I like their regular sriracha much better than the huy fong brand too - it seems to have a much more pronounced garlic flavor.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Legume said:
    lewisj82 said:
    I have a bottle of that but haven't opened it.  What do you use it on?  I was thinking might be a great base for bbq chicken pizza.
    It'd be great on that. It's just a good sauce. I don't typically cook with  bbq sauce, but I have yet to try it on something and not like it. I did pulled pork tacos with some leftover bbq and put that on there, it was great. Good on pulled pork sandwiches or just a sauce to dip with.

I'll have to try their sriracha, haven't tried much from TJ's that I don't like so it's worth a shot.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Acn said:
    lewisj82 said:

I like their regular sriracha much better than the huy fong brand too - it seems to have a much more pronounced garlic flavor.
    I agree - we converted to their sriracha as well.
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    On the shopping list, thanks
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Saw this last time I was at TJ's, will have to give it a try!