Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rocks bbq

Options
15678911»

Comments

• JR_Baas
    JR_Baas Posts: 23
    Options
    Ordered mine on April 5.  Still says in process.  Main page says backordered until around 4/15.  When you guys were ordering yours, how long after the order did you receive it?  Did it say it was backordered on the main page?
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    edited April 2015
    Options
    On your order page it will just say processing, the backorder issue from what I was told is still the wifi module is backordered from the manufacturer. I waited 6 weeks for my second Stoker II and the wait is worth it in the product you get. If they are saying the 15th then that is when the orders usually start shipping again. Once mine marked shipped, I got email with tracking info and it was here at my Maryland address in 3 business days.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    I ordered my March 17 - with the discount since they were back-ordered at that point.  My order showed "in progress" the whole time.  I called on March 25 and they picked right up.  Said my order would ship the next day - it did and arrived just 2 days later!  Great product so far.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • JR_Baas
    JR_Baas Posts: 23
    Options
    I see now on the website they are backordered until 4/22/15. :bawling: 
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Patience is a virtue my friends, even though I started this thread because I'm impatient.  I am working on my weakness though!

In all seriousness, the product is great once you get it and have it setup right.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Options
    @JR_Baas You always can call to get status update, good people to talk to !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Something I thought of the other day; do you guys every think about the ash that the blower may be forcing up on your food?
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    stompbox said:
    Something I thought of the other day; do you guys every think about the ash that the blower may be forcing up on your food?
    Why yes I do. I do make sure my Egg is clean, a dirty Egg has more ash dust and makes the fan work harder. I sdo tabilize my Eggs manually then put attach the Stoker unit and fan, this lets me maintain a more stable temp as it doesn't overshoot my target temps. I never use a 10cfm fan on any size Egg, the 5cfm works great.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I have the 10 as that is what was recommended.  I clean mine for each cook too, but last week I smoked 2 Butta for 18 hours.  Can't imagine the ash it created and potential blew up on the food.