Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops

Options
any suggestions for grilling pork chops tonight? 

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Brine them first and then reverse sear.  How thick are they?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options

How long do you brine your pork chops? I have never thought about that. I have discovered my thermapen get a lot of work with pork chops bc we don't like them overcooked.

Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yes. Definitely do grill them. They'll be awesome. Don't overcook them. people are still squirrelly about pork, but no need to get past 140-145 IMO. Enjoy
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I've overbrined and ruined chops.  Cen-Tex set me right, short brine of no more than a couple of hours with a standard brine.

Search for few glaze ideas on here - many with honey+grainy mustard, maple+bourbon, apricot or other fruit preserves, etc.  I usually reverse sear - roast to 120 or so, remove, glaze, sear the crap of them and take them off between 135-140 so they finish 145 tops with another good dose of glaze as they're plated.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    +1 for what legume said.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    if they are thin ive had good luck freezing them with the rub on, then tossing them frozen right on the hot grill, even 45 minutes in the freezer helps. gives them time to char a bit without over cooking the insides
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    JERK pork chops!!! Even better than chicken!! Marinate for two hours and grill raised direct at 400°. This was the best chop I ever had...

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177760/i-have-always-been-afraid-of-habaneros#latest

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut