Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low Country Grill

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
Drove past Hill's Seafood in Exton today. And I had a cooler with ice in the trunk.

These came home with me:

Along with some of the first sweet corn of the season. Of course, the sweet corn wasn't local, shipped up from Florida. On the way home I called my wife and asked her to pick up some red potatoes when she picked up our daughter from school.

Everything done with butter and Old Bay.

I started a pan of the potatoes first, around 375*, covered with foil. Once they were getting tender I added corn and grilled it on all sides. Then I added the crab in a pan.

When I took everything else off, I put the crab directly on the grid just a bit to give it a bit of color.

It went quickly once it hit the table.

The weather felt like summer today, I had to eat like it really was.

After dinner I shoveled some of the hot coals from the XL into both the Smal and the Jr and I'm running them all around 550* to clean out all the gunk from the butt cooks this past weekend.

I hope this weather is finally here to stay and not just a tease.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    Wow great food.  How long did you you cook the crab.  Enjoying the warm weather makes the winter fade from your memory  Great job on the picture 2 forks  :o
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Now I want seafood!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Nice cook... you were in my hood. I was at Hill's on Saturday getting oysters and clams. Love that place
  • thegooddocta
    thegooddocta Posts: 264
    edited April 2015
    Food looks great, but that view is even better!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I hate you 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I'm with @henapple looks great
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks like a winner to me brother D :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    DMW said:

It went quickly once it hit the table.

Had I only been there with you. It would have never hit that table brother D  B)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Bababoom. Looking good. How many acres you live on?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    what a way to spend a sunny spring day

Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • DMW
    WyBBQer said:
    Wow great food.  How long did you you cook the crab.  Enjoying the warm weather makes the winter fade from your memory  Great job on the picture 2 forks  :o
    Probably about 8 or 10 minutes or so, they were still a bit frozen. Crab legs are cooked and frozen on the ship, so you really just need to warm them up.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW

Chubbs said:
    Bababoom. Looking good. How many acres you live on?
    Thanks Chubbs. Believe it or not, just a quarter acre. Right behind us is a corn field and behind that is a grass strip airport. I'll accept the putrid smell of manure a few times a few in exchange for this view.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    hapster said:
    Nice cook... you were in my hood. I was at Hill's on Saturday getting oysters and clams. Love that place
    Thanks @hapster. I can't drive past that place without buying something. I always have a cooler with ice in my trunk when day traveling for work. It never fails I find somewhere to spend my money. I came across a really neat Asian grocery store in Wilmington today as well. Stir fry planned for later this week.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    For the record, this is the first country boil I have seen without anything actually being boiled ;)

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Low country is " high brow". Sweet eats!  
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I now need to find some crab legs and try this.  Has anyone done a full lobster?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Nice cook, and as always, nice view. Waiting for the corn to come up.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @dmw, YUmmmm.. very nice cook.  HIll's is great. Not cheap, but I think you get pretty good quality.  Also, you realize you were about 1 miles from Firecraft when you went 202N to the Rt 100 exit?  They are right off 322....

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Bailey Banks and Hills! I can't leave that place without dropping 50. Nice looking cook.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Awesome cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks good!  We had to eat 4 pounds of king crab friday night to make room in the freezer for 14 pounds of prime NY strip.   Such a drag.  Not.
    Looks good!  We had to eat 4 pounds of king crab friday night to make room in the freezer for 14 pounds of prime NY strip.   Such a drag.  Not.
    It's a hard knock life 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I figured it would be a stress test for gout.  I was fine, so I guess I can eat anything.
    Marvelous! Sad to see that I did not get an invite :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    caliking said:
    Marvelous! Sad to see that I did not get an invite :)
    @caliking - You always have an open invite, just be sure to include caliprince and caliqueen as well. And be ready to cook, I need lessons.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Looks really good and I love that view.
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig