Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back ribs diner

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
1 rack rubed with Swamp Venom the other with Bone Sucking Rub

4.75 hours indirect @ 250F

Just perfect!

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Swamp venom is one of my favorites on ribs. Very nice. 
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Heck yeah! I like your drip pan set up. It seems that when I do ribs, the ends are bad/overdone  due to the direct heat off the edge of the platesetter. I need to come up with something like that. 
    NW IOWA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Love the plated pic, why be shy when you know you're going to crush a rack.
  • paqman
    Options
    Swamp venom is one of my favorites on ribs. Very nice. 
    @theyolksonyou It was my first time on ribs.  I usually use it on wings.  I will do it agai for sure.

Options

Philly35 said:
    Heck yeah! I like your drip pan set up. It seems that when I do ribs, the ends are bad/overdone  due to the direct heat off the edge of the platesetter. I need to come up with something like that. 
    @Philly35 I got it from the Ceramic Grill Store.  It is one of their SS drip pans covered with aluminium foil. 

Options

Legume said:
    Love the plated pic, why be shy when you know you're going to crush a rack.
    @Legume I usually just eat 1/2 rack but, this time, I was a pig and also had SWMBO's 1/2 leftover rack...  :o

Options
    As always, Awesome looking cook, Mr. Paqman. 
    @Philly35 - I use a dollar store pizza pan, wrapped in foil - you can get them so they fit inside the setter legs or give the same coverage as the setter, lots of options. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    I still have not l&s a rack of ribs, I always turbo, I'll have to try. Yours look great sir.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    You've been kickin it today.  Nice cook!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's my kind of plate man! :plus_one:  Awesome work!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Nice nice nice... I want some of that
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • paqman
    Options
    As always, Awesome looking cook, Mr. Paqman. 
    @Philly35 - I use a dollar store pizza pan, wrapped in foil - you can get them so they fit inside the setter legs or give the same coverage as the setter, lots of options. 
    @Skiddymarker A pizza pan can work.  It is  what I use on the mini max because the plate setter legs are not verry high (3/4 inch).  On the large, I like the drip pan from the Ceramic Grill Store because they can contain more drippings (I am lazy, I clean it every 3-4 cooks...)

Options
    Love the Swamp Venom. Asked my local dealer to bring in 6 bottles for me as there is no one in Alberta that carries DP. Almost time to ask for more. I did ribs last weekend and eill be doing more this coming weekend in sure, can't beat that tub for ribs. Cook looks great btw!!!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Love the Swamp Venom. Asked my local dealer to bring in 6 bottles for me as there is no one in Alberta that carries DP. Almost time to ask for more. I did ribs last weekend and eill be doing more this coming weekend in sure, can't beat that tub for ribs. Cook looks great btw!!!
    You can get the dizzy pig rubs in larger containers. 
  • paqman
    Options

anton said:
    I still have not l&s a rack of ribs, I always turbo, I'll have to try. Yours look great sir.
    @anton I have tried 3-1-1 and almost all possible variations.   I have tried turbo. Those methods are good.  However, IMHO, 4-5 hours indirect with just a dry rub @ 250-300F until they pass the "bend" test is the way to go.  When I use a glaze, I start to baste it mid-cook.  When I use a sauce, I start to baste it in the last 45 minutes.  The rack will still hold together but if you pull a bone, it will pull from the meat with no efforts.

Options

Options
    Sweet 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • paqman
    Options
    @henapple Next time I'll wrap one in bacon just for you :)

Options
    paqman said:
    @henapple Next time I'll wrap one in bacon just for you :)
    Have you seen the stack of ribs wrapped in bacon? APL, Charred and Scruffed. Someday when I have a chance I am going to try it. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Very nice..Like all before me, love the plated pic, that was a fish size plate right.. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Nice cook. Swamp Venom and Bone Sucking Is my go to combo. Usually I'll give them a light dusting of SV followed with a coating of the dizzy dust. 
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Brilliant!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky