Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI 4 THE EGG....DE BUYER CARBON STEEL in my kitchen

Options
AUCE
AUCE Posts: 890
For those of you whom are purists..de Buyer
Mineral carbon steel cookware is a treat. Very heavy carbon steel. Seasons beautifully and cooks like no other professional cookware. Been growing my french collection and LOVE IT.
They also have a great paella pan and a WIDE Array of other cooking vessels as well as other utensils. Made in France and used by serious pros worldwide.
These are heirloom quality and will last many many generations..

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

Comments

• AUCE
    Options

Mineral B element French Collection

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    nice piece of cookware. Looks pricey? Does is cook like cast iron?

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • AUCE
    edited April 2015
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    nice piece of cookware. Looks pricey? Does is cook like cast iron?

Umm.49.00  i think..for a 12"..cooks like it but...imo better..not as pourous.. nor is it hard on smooth cooktops....seasoning is easy in the oven
    Love my CI..but for indoors this can't be beat..very heavy..

• AUCE
    Options
    Look on Amazon and watch pricing...saved 20.00 on my first by waiting a day...

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Quality for sure. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    I have a couple of these babies and they are awesome and very heavy.  In fact, they are "too heavy" for SWMBO, which is all the better for me.  This way, they are always perfectly seasoned for my liking and ready to go!
  • AUCE
    Options
    nlovold said:
    I have a couple of these babies and they are awesome and very heavy.  In fact, they are "too heavy" for SWMBO, which is all the better for me.  This way, they are always perfectly seasoned for my liking and ready to go!
    They perform like no other indoor cookware I've ever had. From stove top to oven...da bomb