Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tender .....direct heat?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can you cook pork tenders on direct heat or does it have to indirect?
Thanks,

Comments

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    nodock,
    I do mine direct, but raised, at about 350. Flip every 10 minutes or so. [p]J

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    nodock,
    I do mine direct, 400° for 15 - 20 minutes, turn often. Remove from egg when internal temp is 155° and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Perfect every time and very easy![p]BeerMike
    "It's time for another beer."

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    medallion2.jpg
    <p />nodock,
    I always do direct. However, I've taken to cutting them into medallions to facilitate a more even cook.[p]Mike[p]medallion.jpg

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Mike,
    How would a fella go about reproducing a beautiful creation like that? What is that slathered all over those medallions in that second pic?

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    egret,
    I cut them about 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" and marinate them in a lot of different stuff. I think those were in a mixture of brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, worchestershire and chipotle chili and the accompanying adobo sauce. I then wrapped with bacon and did direct at 300 or so until internal of 142-145.[p]Good stuff.[p]Mike