Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange (SAVE THE DATE)

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    I'm so in this time, and all my rubs and sauces will be coming from the Albuquerque region due to the exchange timing this round. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    @PNWFoodie  @SGH came to my house today.  We cooked almost 2 sacks of oysters on my medium that I brought to the crawfish competition.  He said he wishes you could have made it and he's sorry he didn't make it to Salado.  He has his first day off work except for Christmas in 3.5 months. We're gonna nail some cooks tomorrow.  We made about 40 pounds of sausage today.  I'm sofa king tired.  And I have to be at the fest at 7.  Shoot me in the head. ;)
    I'm so sad I didn't get to meet him - and so glad I got to meet you! I'm actually going to have some time to post pics this weeken if I can figure it out. I've been crazy busy (and recovering) since I got back, but I finally have some time this weekend. Am I correct that the lovely fleur is mrs. NOLA?
    Correctamundo.  fleurdelirious is Mrs NOLA. 
    Options
    I am so in this thing next year for sure.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    This does sound interesting and I can already think of a number of varied, interesting and perhaps bizarre local products to include...
    I realize the emphasis is on rubs and sauces but in scrolling through the pictures from last year I did see that other things are included.  A question comes to mind... can alcohol be included?  I live in the craft beer capital of the world and maybe a mixed 6 pack of stuff you can only get locally or a very nice bottle of wine? They are foods, and I have found that they are indispensable when Egging. Although I must admit, I'm not up on any regs about shipping beer and wine so it may be a moot point.

Hummmm... I have a mason jar that I could put out on the porch to fill up with sunshine, for all you unfortunates that are STILL having temps BELOW freezing!! (I caught a bit of the NASCAR race from Martinsville this morning and saw everyone bundled up, they said it was 29 at 7 am).

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    This does sound interesting and I can already think of a number of varied, interesting and perhaps bizarre local products to include...
    I realize the emphasis is on rubs and sauces but in scrolling through the pictures from last year I did see that other things are included.  A question comes to mind... can alcohol be included?  I live in the craft beer capital of the world and maybe a mixed 6 pack of stuff you can only get locally or a very nice bottle of wine? They are foods, and I have found that they are indispensable when Egging. Although I must admit, I'm not up on any regs about shipping beer and wine so it may be a moot point.

Hummmm... I have a mason jar that I could put out on the porch to fill up with sunshine, for all you unfortunates that are STILL having temps BELOW freezing!! (I caught a bit of the NASCAR race from Martinsville this morning and saw everyone bundled up, they said it was 29 at 7 am).

Hmm didn't realize it was that warm this time of year in VT  =)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    We're super excited for this event @cazzy HuskerMaMa & I were just discussing what else we could add to the care pkg. I hope everyone embraces the giving nature of this whole thing. We're having fun with it. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    UncleFred said:

You'll have the opportunity to secretly ask your draw if they drink beer.  Hap has sent a bottle of Woodford so alcohol is an option to mail. 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Maybe next year ill be in!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Shoot, 97 more posts and im game. We have some good local bbq places and a few wineries that i could send out. Look for lots more posts by me!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• PlanoPokes79
    Options
    Easy to get your count up, just "I'd hit that" "good job looks great" "need to try that" on all the posts and your count will be there in no time
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Carl PM sent.  I'm gonna make an offer on the eggs with table for my buddy in Broxton GA. I think it's pretty reasonable but, see if it's fair by you. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Oops wrong thread! My bad!  :tongue: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Well I better start posting more!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Bump!  I've got a nice collection of rubs and sauces going. The event will be here before y'all know it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Man, I can't believe I missed this.  I will have to get in this time.  I try to find some local stuff that is not sold everywhere if I can.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I want in if I can get post count and solid cooks under my belt. 
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I'mgame again 
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options
    Can't wait! Finally a member of forum since missed it last year but now got to start posting to get to the required 250. 
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm still under 20!!!!!!! Oh man I have a long way to go.  
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @mwatts it goes fast
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @badinfluence With your new food truck online is a Bad Influence line of rubs &/or sauces in the horizon?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @badinfluence With your new food truck online is a Bad Influence line of rubs &/or sauces in the horizon?
    @badinfluence, has a food truck?   Where are you located,  I would love to start up a catering business,  but wife said no.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I may have to jump in to my 3rd exchange.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    This looks awesome!
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ have to see what the future holds and how I can grow the badinfluence brand but hoping so.

@Ladeback69 yes I did get a food truck should be up and running at the end of the month first of next month. I am in clinton iowa.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    I've upped my posting game to make sure I make the post count.  I'm excited about the exchange.
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Acn said:
    Nice, plenty of warning so people can start stockpiling early too.
    For sure!  Thanks for the reminder @NPHuskerFL

I'm starting to not be so excited by all the lead time.  Last time I ordered some of my favorite stuff, I'm like 'Sure, let's add a couple more packages for when the exchange comes along.'  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I will wait until the actual Elfster site goes live before committing. Last year I had to back out at the last minute due to life events getting in the way, but then I was able to participate after the elfsters were picked thanks to @cazzy making it happen. This was one of the greatest things that I've ever participated in as far as gift exchanges. 

@tarheelmatt sent some excellent rubs, sauces, and products that I may have never bought or tried. Thank You. 

This is an event that if your able to participate, do it. The only reason I'm waiting to commit is I don't want the debacle I created last year to happen again. Thanks for jumping through hoops for me last year @cazzy
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Any new development as far as a concrete date or when Elfster will open?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Looking forward to participating in this.  Just moved the NC, lots of different sauces in this neck of the woods.  A few more post to go though!