Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo day.

Options
Demo day at the shop. Off to pick up my dad and light up the egg. I have a good friend and customer helping today, so it should be a breeze. The local radio station is doing a remote. We're gonna feature the Rockwood charcoal today along with the dizzy pig rubs and the new sauces offered by the mothership. Doing boneless skinless thighs to feature the rubs and sauces. Got some prosciutto wrapped asperagus. Also a flat iron steak we will dust with a char crust. Some kielbasa to keep the hounds at bay if needed. My buddy is likely doing some pork, not sure what and maybe ABTs. He will prolly throw together a desert offering as well. We will see, pics to follow I hope. Wish us luck. Later. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Best of luck-sounds like a great way to spend a day.  Wish I was there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Father Son time and egging should be a good time. The prosciutto wrapped sounds awesome. Have fun man :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome day. Wish I could cook on the egg, just one more time with my dad.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Sounds like a fun day to me. 
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Sounds like an awesome day. Wish I could cook on the egg, just one more time with my dad.
    I'm with you. He was a life-long Weber guy. Grilled a mean steak. He would have gotten a kick out of the Egg. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• mgoblue0484
    mgoblue0484 Posts: 148
    Options
    Where are you located?

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Where are you located?
    Sterling IL. All done today. It was a mad house. Beautiful day. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Lots of traffic. The radio event really helps. It's a juggling act between cooking, helping customers, and a few radio spots talking with the DJ. Nothing special, but all was good. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Oh, a couple new eggs hatched today and several others about to join our fun club. Used the looft today on the egg and the guru golf club on the black oval one. Both units pretty much as advertised. I was a little surprised the loft was as quick as it was. Sorry bout the pics. Lots of shadows. My 17yr old daughter took most of them. She was invaluable today. No pics of the cherry cobbler. It was devoured while my daughter was in helping others. The BGE sauces are impressive. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Great turn out!  Beautiful day here in Northern IL. 

@pgprescott was so busy in the front of the store, I had to sneak my new egg out the back.

I even got to talk with @badinfluence 's son while his Dad was sharing egg stories. 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    No fear Pete the cherry cobbler turned out great I had some...lol 
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nice cooks and beautiful day. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    I love DJ spots.  I've gotten to do a few commercials in Flagestaff Az.  Next time you have a show let me know and I'll take that weight off your shoulders.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Thanks to all for sharing the day. It's always a great time. @Langner91We are going to need pics of your table when done. You'll get lots of inspiration here. There are many examples of great tables. Just ask the crew. Everything from simple and effective to really elaborate. @ badinfluence, sorry no ice cream for the cobbler. You had to rough it.  Ha ha. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Glad it was a good day for you Pete.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• pgprescott
    Options
    Glad it was a good day for you Pete.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    I know it's not my clean living. Just hit the jackpot today. Thanks! Wish we had more pics, but oh well. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I love DJ spots.  I've gotten to do a few commercials in Flagestaff Az.  Next time you have a show let me know and I'll take that weight off your shoulders.
    Your on! It's fun, we are just too small for these events. They always work out. I would welcome you with open arms. Thanks!
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @Langner91 sorry I missed you getting the new egg sometimes I get to talking egg and I kinda block everything else out. Just ask the Mrs...lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa