Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging under the influence - have you ever?

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there have ever, and if you care to share, conjured a recipe or a dynamite egging experience after having a few too many of their consumption of choice.

I'm not talking about putting a bean burrito from Taco Bell on the egg and smoking it, or maybe I am.  Tell me about your late night or early morning shenanigans in relation to the Big Green Egg.

Smoked a bologna stuffed with pepperoni and cheese and then topped it with avocado and pulled pork?  

Made an 8 layer taco lasagna and then baked some molten lava cake?

Let's get weird.
Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We've come back with friends from the pub and pulled some random frozen stuff from the freezer, thawed (or not) and fired up the egg, throwing naga jolokia sauce, cheese, bacon, charcutterie, etc on it.   Then chowing down with loud music until my neighbors either join us or complain, the resulting action dependent on the consensus of that.
    Options
    sorry if I'm not more specific....I was probably under the influence.
    Options
    Good music, good food, everyone is a friend around a fire.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Adult Beverage & Napping 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAH awesome.  So that's how lump is made. ;-)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Posting and drinking seem like a good idea at the time:  

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1455578#Comment_1455578
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Both my Eggs are in nests, and my patio is flammable.  I'm clumsy enough when sober; will probably never Egg under the influence.  
    Now, eating previously-egged food, whole different story!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    In keeping with my house BGE rules, by the time a cook is winding up (or down) I will be influenced by the pace of adult supervisory beverages consumed-especially on a low&slow.  Most influenced was the night I cooked a few ABT's, consumed them and had no recall until the next AM.  Then it was quite clear the sequence of events.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    Made paella for a fat hillbilly who visited once, and although i doubled the recipe, i grabbed the same small pyrex meaauring cup for the stock. Half the amount. Was like eating gravel. 

I wasnt shizznitfaced or anything, but just buzzed enough to not pay attention. 

Aforementioned belarded hillbilly person mentions it whenever talk of cooking skill comes up. He is a hurtful spiteful person. 

Also, did i mention, enormously rotund. 

I once went fishing with said hillbilly, a dwarf canadian, and an LGBT subaru driving philly lawyer eye-tally-ano. The more the eye-tally-ano drinks, the better he cooks. Freak

the canadian makes other people cook for him. 

I just bide my time until the hell is over
  • Botch
    Options
    st¡ke said:
    I once went fishing with said hillbilly, a dwarf canadian, and an LGBT subaru driving philly lawyer eye-tally-ano. 

That sounded like the start of an excellent joke.  

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    st¡ke said:
    Made paella for a fat hillbilly who visited once, and although i doubled the recipe, i grabbed the same small pyrex meaauring cup for the stock. Half the amount. Was like eating gravel. 

Aforementioned belarded hillbilly person mentions it whenever talk of cooking skill comes up. He is a hurtful spiteful person. 

I once went fishing with said hillbilly, a dwarf canadian, and an LGBT subaru driving philly lawyer eye-tally-ano. The more the eye-tally-ano drinks, the better he cooks. Freak

He steals beer too. Hoser.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    From reading posts here for several years it is my estimation that most Egging is done under the influence. Just more so  at some times than others.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    apinion said:

Egging under the influence - have you ever?

Based on how prolific the "What are you drinking now?" topic has been, I was thinking if you changed your question to "Have you never?", you might get zero or very few responses.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    st¡ke said:

Funny thing is I haven't met any of the characters described but I know who they are from the descriptions.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • apinion
    Options
    Ya, the standard drinking is par for the course, but I'm talking about that really weird stuff......

Like making a hotdog and bacon burger patty with a pickle mayonnaise, or getting a wild hair and freezing some sriracha in an ice tray only to stuff it in a brisket burger with blue cheese and sauerkraut.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm sure it's gotten that weird, but if it did, I don't remember it.  I've left some strange messes in the kitchen, to be discovered in the morning.
    Options
    Smoked left over grill cheese.
    EUI
    Awesome.
    that is all.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Twice sucked crawfish heads.  I don't really want to go into it but there were extenuating circumstances.
    Options
    Twice sucked crawfish heads.  I don't really want to go into it but there were extenuating circumstances.
    Experimental phase?
  • apinion
    Options
    I got a crawfish tattoo on my ass, sober. 
  • Botch
    Options
    Like the ocean, you have crabs on your bottom?  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,088
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • apinion
    Options
    My dad always used to joke with my friends when I was in college that he had a tattoo of a crawfish on his ass.  When he'd pull his pants down to show them there was no crawfish, and he always said "It must have crawled back in the hole."

One day I decided to say the hell with it and get that tattoo of a crawfish on my ass.  Miss you, Lonzo.
  • ekuapa
    ekuapa Posts: 128
    Options
    Right now... LOL
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    They don't call 'em "mud bugs" for naught!
    Options
    @Endermann I can't post the picture... My efin phone doesn't give me the option..
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L
  • apinion
    Options
    Mud bug fo sho! People are always trying to pinch my tail and suck the head.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    No but I almost lit myself on fire once forgetting to burp the egg on a high heat pizza cook. Burnt all the hair off my arm from my wrist to my armpit. After my step dads wake last year I had an impromptu get together at my house since I lived close. My brother brought a case of Napa wine, my nephew brought the craft brews, I made the pizzas (thankfully a good Italian market close by to buy pre made dough) and the rest was 600 degree history LOL 
    Dearborn MI