Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yo...ClayQ...stand up please for yet another accolade

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Though the wonderful pulled beef meal was yesterday my wife is still laying the praise on me - but I have to thank you. Your recipe was another success well worth the nine hours it took to elevate a couple large economical chuck roasts to "just gotta have" status sandwich food!!!!!!! BTW readers if your loved one isn't a fan of pulled pork or even brisket for that matter you gotta try this recipe![p]That was SO good plus the fact that I was able to Food Saver enough for 6 more kick butt meals! The one thing I still do though which you had first included in your thread on March 27, 2005 before submitting it as a recipe was to include a peeled, finely diced Golden Delicious apple when the meat goes into the Dutch oven.[p][p]
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP,[p]Where's the recipe??

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    RRP,
    Hey thanks, glad you enjoy the pulled beef! My wife loves it also.
    Those foodsaver bags are somethin else, make it real easy to freeze and then reheat.
    Yeah, think I'll slice some apple in the pot with the next batch like I did with the first posting. Seems like a short time ago.....
    Have a great Irish Day!
    McClay

• Clay Q
    Options
    Bear Country Woman,
    Right here with BGE under submitted recipes, also at www.dizzypigbbq.com, click on customer recipes.
    Clay

• Bama Egger
    Bama Egger Posts: 137
    Options
    ClayQ,[p] Stage one; Set beef on v rack in pan with a little water or beer in pan. Lay bacon on top of beef. Lift platesetter enough to throw a handful of hickory chips on burning lump. Place grid in egg and set in the pan with beef. Cook for about 5 hours and when beef is 160 internal remove from egg.[p]I'm sorry, I can't visualize this. 3 huge chucks roasts on a v-rack? How are they placed on the rack, on top of each other? The pan, is just an aluminin pan to catch the drippings? I want to try this in the next week or two, I always read rave reviews.[p]Thanks for your help,
    Paul[p]

• Clay Q
    Options
    Paul,
    I use weber racks and they lay flatter, with three roasts its a tight fit but it still works. Yes, aluminum drip pan. I believe a rack or small grid with drip pan on grid is the best way to go. There are pictures of my setup using two roasts at www.dizzypigbbq.com, if you haven't already gone there, click on customer recipes. Tip; When in stage two using three large roasts I find that a nudge of 300 degrees dome helps to push the meat if its stuck below 215. And in stage three, more sauce than a cup might be needed to get the beef saucy enough to your liking.
    Good luck,
    Clay

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Yo Clay,
    I was lamenting last night about my inability to find any Johnsonville Irish sausage so far this year. Wis. Ave. Copp's doesn't have it and neither does the Pig on Northland. Have you seen it down in your hood?[p]I tried to e-mail Johnsonville tonight. Took forever to get their web site to open and then when I tried to send the message, it kinda disappeared from my screen when I started to scroll to look for the "send" button. Maybe they don't want to talk to me.

• Clay Q
    Options
    WDAN,
    Nope, don't remember seeing it anywhere, but then I don't remember much anymore.......[p]I don't know......not much of a Irish contingent in the valley. Milwaukee on the other hand knows how to party on St. Pat's so maybe all the Irish sausage links go there? [p]Sorry, but I'll keep my eye peeled like a potato. [p]

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    ClayQ,
    I made this last weekend, very good. I couldn't get over 205 on stage 2, but after two hours, it shredded just fine. Thought maybe my altitude (3000ft) might have something to do with the temp. -RP

• ClayQ,[p]Got it! Thanks!