Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Wow. Thats pretty good news in my opinion. I would be thrilled if I were you. 

Little Rock, AR

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sameydog said:

No way I'm going to back down...I'm just going to have to go eat. See you in the morning.

Bill

Thank Goodness.

If you backed down, I'd be devastated!

(BTW . . . did you see that "mangina" jpeg that Eggcelsior posted?

He is obviously a very sick man.

You should take him to task for that offensive and off-topic posting (after you finish dinner)).

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Great news Shannon! 
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Bruce sent me an email and said that BGE will replace the bottom part under warranty. I have to cover the plate setter and metal ring. He said to try using the dome even though it's got a small crushed spot. I looked a little closer at it and I think it's just on the inner side but doesn't go all the way through. I'll post a pic in a minute. I'm on my way to Watsons to show them the email and hopefully get my egg. I'll let everyone know what happens.
    Yes. Congrats.

Bill
    From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    That is good news.  Eggs cost a bit more in the Great White North, I think a large is somewhere around 1200 before taxes.  The best deal you seem to be able to swing is for them to throw in a bag of lump, a grill lifter and the ash stick.

Gerhard
  • Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    Options

(BTW . . . did you see that "mangina" jpeg that Eggcelsior posted?

He is obviously a very sick man.

Of course he is...dinner is not ready yet. But soon... so I'm out of here until tomorrow.

Bill
    From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Sameydog said:
    . . . I'm out of here until tomorrow.

Bill
    That's a shame, Bill.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Bruce sent me an email and said that BGE will replace the bottom part under warranty. I have to cover the plate setter and metal ring. He said to try using the dome even though it's got a small crushed spot. I looked a little closer at it and I think it's just on the inner side but doesn't go all the way through. I'll post a pic in a minute. I'm on my way to Watsons to show them the email and hopefully get my egg. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Thank God, that could have been ten bucks shot

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's clear that BGE is not intrested in just the sale but the customer.  This is eggactly why they are worth the money.  Additionally this thread has convinced me of the need to a good solid table.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Aussie
    Aussie Posts: 75
    Options
    Sameydog , I refuse to be intimidated by your huge number of posts and am just going to point out that this thread is not about you....go figure!

Shannonlcorum shared her unfortunate event, a great bunch of members offered to help out.

Bruce from the mothership has gone above and beyond the warranty expectations, which absolutely fantastic.

So the whole story has a happy ending.

And we all love a happy ending.......

• Little Steven
    Options
    You are replying to your own self now CT?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Why stop now?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    WyBBQer said:
    @Eggcelsior Just because I have watched this thread and it doesn't need bumped, I have to ask what you bumping ;)
    @WyBBQer tarheelmatt said the thread was no longer bumping up higher on this page, so I though I would test it. I think he meant that he was surprised one could still bump it.
    You're correct.  Surprised it is still able to bump.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Aussie said:
    Sameydog , I refuse to be intimidated by your huge number of posts and am just going to point out that this thread is not about you....go figure!

Shannonlcorum shared her unfortunate event, a great bunch of members offered to help out.

Bruce from the mothership has gone above and beyond the warranty expectations, which absolutely fantastic.

So the whole story has a happy ending.

And we all love a happy ending.......

I agree totally

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can fill any chip in the top with silicone
    Options

henapple said:
    What's your favorite muscle car? 
    67 GTO

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I had a '67 Camaro convertible when I was a young lad.
    Sameydog said:
    The fact that you have a bunch of posts means nothing to me.

Keep on...keeping on. You can't win because you are being silly.

Bill
    I agree totally Bill.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I had a '67 Camaro convertible when I was a young lad.
    My dad bought a 67 GTO like the above picture brand new (w/19 miles on it) and is still in the family (it's my brothers).  My mom gave me his 65 Chevrolet C10 pickup when I was 16.  Trying to get it into a guys shop to get restored.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Aussie
    Options
    Sameydog said:
    The fact that you have a bunch of posts means nothing to me.

Keep on...keeping on. You can't win because you are being silly.

Bill
    I agree totally Bill.
    Aww, stop egging him on  :)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I so knew that was coming

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    Yeah, im sitting here wondering what the heck we're fighting over. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Little Steven
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    Yeah, im sitting here wondering what the heck we're fighting over. 

You need to get used to us. Fights are way worse than this and Lord knows there are lots of them. Friday nights are pretty much a virtual slugfest. Eggcelsior is an A-hole

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Why stop now?

Winnah winnah chicken dinnah 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    Anyone have a suggestion  for what I  can  do  to  fix this spot on the dome?
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How much is a new dome?

Little Rock, AR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here @Sameydog  hope this meets your standards: (sorry its not green or on topic)

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Aussie
    Options
    Anyone have a suggestion  for what I  can  do  to  fix this spot on the dome?
    Personally I  wouldn't touch it . Most fixes involve some sort of epoxy two pack solution and I would not be comfortable cooking my food next to something that could possibly be giving off toxic fumes.

You could ask Bruce what he would charge for a new dome.