Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How should I cook these?

i have an XL with and Adj Rig. How should I cook these?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Indirect to 195-205 IT when they show no resistance to the probe. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I like to cook them @ 325ish indirect till you get that buttah feeling when you probe.  Rub with your favorite pork rub.  My last ones I used Firewalk and sauced with Blues Hog.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • I like to cook them @ 325ish indirect till you get that buttah feeling when you probe.  Rub with your favorite pork rub.  My last ones I used Firewalk and sauced with Blues Hog.  

Ok so start with a rub and finish with a sauce. It says shoulder country ribs. Are they going to finish more like ribs or an "unpulled" pulled pork shoulder?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You can cook them like any other pork rib (smoke indirect), until they're tender, but you can also cook them like a steak, grill direct until they're done the way you want them. 
    I like to cook them @ 325ish indirect till you get that buttah feeling when you probe.  Rub with your favorite pork rub.  My last ones I used Firewalk and sauced with Blues Hog.  

Ok so start with a rub and finish with a sauce. It says shoulder country ribs. Are they going to finish more like ribs or an "unpulled" pulled pork shoulder?
    They will have a bite like ribs.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.