Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Small or mini as a second egg?

edited 7:48AM in EggHead Forum
I have a large BGE and am planning to buy another but smaller one. The question is which one, the small or the mini. Any thoughts, eggers?

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,978
    Hal,
    I have found a large and a small is the perfect combo. Each one is surberb at what it does best so married together they're a winner!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • I have to agree with RRP. I have the same combination and it is perfect. We use the large for when company is here. The small gets used the vast majority of the time when cooking for just the two of us.
  • Hal,
    Haven't done it yet but after reading the posts for six months the next purchase of a companion egg will be a small. It seem to be the perfect combination as far as most eggers go until you find you need a second or third large. Happy grillin' Mik

• Hal,
    Had the same question the other day and hands down the small won by a very large margin.

• Hal,
    I had a large, and added a mini primarily for ease of taking camping - weight and size. It does a great job as a griller, but for most of the things one uses an egg for, I'd go with a small.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hal,
    I have a large and a small, works for me. -RP