Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small or mini as a second egg?

edited 10:26AM in EggHead Forum
I have a large BGE and am planning to buy another but smaller one. The question is which one, the small or the mini. Any thoughts, eggers?
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
    Hal,
    I have found a large and a small is the perfect combo. Each one is surberb at what it does best so married together they're a winner!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • I have to agree with RRP. I have the same combination and it is perfect. We use the large for when company is here. The small gets used the vast majority of the time when cooking for just the two of us.
    ·
  • Hal,
    Haven't done it yet but after reading the posts for six months the next purchase of a companion egg will be a small. It seem to be the perfect combination as far as most eggers go until you find you need a second or third large. Happy grillin' Mik

·
  • Hal,
    Had the same question the other day and hands down the small won by a very large margin.

·
  • Hal,
    I had a large, and added a mini primarily for ease of taking camping - weight and size. It does a great job as a griller, but for most of the things one uses an egg for, I'd go with a small.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hal,
    I have a large and a small, works for me. -RP

·