Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Eggrotica, it's a new genre!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    ...even as she shut him down all-the-way she knew that she had gotten him so hot that it would take a long time before he cooled down...
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    .... she just had to peek and suddenly he flared up again ....
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • UncleFred
    Options
    ...smoldering coals, roaring back to a blazing inferno, ready to cook for her once again...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    50 shades of green...
    Options
    Omg...BUY, BUY the lady an egg....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    blasting said:
    Do you think this thread may work against Shannon?  If they help out with a freebie, there are now hundreds of others that will want the same deal when something happens to them.  HQ is in a bit of a tough spot.  Hopefully they can give her a smoking deal on parts at least.  Fingers crossed for you Shannon.

Why should she get a free egg? I am sympathetic to her plight but accidents happen. If I drop a computer or flat screen tv, do you think either company will repair or replace the product for free or at a reduced price? I wish companies would replace all the stuff my dogs or I have destroyed because they fell to the ground. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I hate when I go to bed too early. Stupid eastern time zone. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I've never understood the argument - if I can't have it, nobody else should be able to either.  this kind of logic reminds me of my cranky grandma that was never happy and therefore did her best to make sure nobody was happy.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    .....she was hoping for the raised direct, instead he went for the reverse sear.  

Little Rock, AR

• swordsmn
    Options
    Legume said:
    I've never understood the argument - if I can't have it, nobody else should be able to either.  this kind of logic reminds me of my cranky grandma that was never happy and therefore did her best to make sure nobody was happy.

That  was my dear departed mom as well sadly.   I don't see why the handful of members are all huffy  pooping on the potential of some sort of discount or assistance due to rotten luck.  To those complainers: (need raspberry emoticon).  I see why BGE might not act,  heck  they explained why they rarely post here but they lurk  I'm sure.  Regardless,  I will enjoy contributing as I can  to whatever fund  someone puts together.  Other forums  do it & it's a feel good kinda  thing.  It's optional people.... we're not your freaking HOA  so let those interested in Amish Egg rebuilding do their thang..
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    That's baaaaaaaadd, drug man
    New Albany, Ohio 

• UncleFred
    Options
    .....she was hoping for the raised direct, instead he went for the reverse sear.  
    ...and all she could think of were his tender loins.  Low and oh so slow... till they were like buttah...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. Hind sight is 20/20. Hell I once drove a police car through a block wall. But that's another story. 
    Had a policeman jump out of car and pull gun on guy (forgetting to put said car in park). Went thru my bodyshop wall. This was about midnight so.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. Hind sight is 20/20. Hell I once drove a police car through a block wall. But that's another story. 
    Had a policeman jump out of car and pull gun on guy (forgetting to put said car in park). Went thru my bodyshop wall. This was about midnight so.....
    Was that policeman Barney Fife?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• swordsmn
    Options
    See  Shannon, you shoulda just left it at my Southern Gentleman comment  LOL.   I expect to see Col. Angus  make an appearance  (remember SNL?)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Was that policeman Barney Fife?  

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Rosco just died this week.  RIP
    Phoenix 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    This is a wild thread.... Did the gal get a new egg?

XLBGE 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    So was there ever a photo of the devastation?  This thing is getting so large to go back and look.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    So was there ever a photo of the devastation?  This thing is getting so large to go back and look.  
    About 100 or so pages back I am pretty sure there was indeed a photo. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

Found the photos.  Now I want to cry. :o
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    Any relation?

A 6-year-old Northeast Ohio boy is living the life of a movie star after he played one of the lead roles in the film “Heaven Is For Real.”
    The story is based on the true experiences of a boy who claimed to have visited Heaven.

Connor Corum didn’t have acting experience and wasn’t affiliated with an agency, but when a friend mentioned a casting call to his parents, they knew he fit the bill.

The producers were looking for a blond-haired, blue-eyed boy.

“We weren’t trying to do this. It was kind of on a whim. Kind of a fluke,” Connor’s mom, Shannon Corum, said on Fox 8 News Wednesday morning.

Maybe on my husband's side.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    "As he grasped my bosom and spun me around playfully, I reached out to steady myself and tried to clutch his most prized possession, a grill that resembles an egg. He tied me up using a old dog leash and had his way with me. The only victim tonight was his green egg that was pushed off the deck in the heat of the moment." 

LMAO. That's too funny. If you do look for me, my pen name is Shannon Leigh. But be warned, there is another "Shannon Leigh" on Amazon that writes some really raunchy crap. Like Grandpa does granddaughter. That is NOT me. I went round and round with Amazon because some of the other "Shannon Leigh's" stuff was going to my pages. For anyone seriously wanting to know, my webpage is http://shannonleigh.org
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The photos look bad, but I think it was Nola who originally pointed out that it is just the base and the bands that appear broken (or bent).  I can't tell 100%, but it appears the dome, fire box, fire ring. plate setter are all in tact.  Unfortunately the base is the most expensive part.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Grandpa does granddaughter. ....? You know what @caliking says...why go to the mall when it's right down the hall?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    The photos look bad, but I think it was Nola who originally pointed out that it is just the base and the bands that appear broken (or bent).  I can't tell 100%, but it appears the dome, fire box, fire ring. plate setter are all in tact.  Unfortunately the base is the most expensive part.  
    It's all about the base...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• swordsmn
    Options
    Searching for the Takei "Oh My" Meme....  lol
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    LMAO. That's too funny. If you do look for me, my pen name is Shannon Leigh. But be warned, there is another "Shannon Leigh" on Amazon that writes some really raunchy crap. Like Grandpa does granddaughter. That is NOT me. I went round and round with Amazon because some of the other "Shannon Leigh's" stuff was going to my pages. For anyone seriously wanting to know, my webpage is http://shannonleigh.org
    I think your site has maleware on it. When I visited, yes I was curious, it popped up a page concerning maleware. You may want to have it checked. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's