Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Student of the Egg finally joins forum

Options
Last November I visited my local Ace Hardware to buy dog food and walked out of the store as the proud owner of an XL BGE! The wife and I were just “looking” at the displays and when she said “why don’t we get one of these?” - that was all it took! Since then, I’ve spent too many free hours browsing forums, BBQ blogs and YouTube trying to learn as much as I can about everything this versatile cooking machine will do. I guess you could say I have become an EggHead so why not jump in?
Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Come on in, the water's fine!  Welcome. Post some cooks!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Welcome!!  Enjoy the ride
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Welcome!!
    McKinney, TX
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. This is by far one of the most helpful, friendly and useful forums I've ever been on.
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options

Welcome!  Holy cats straight to an XL?  I hope you have a big family :)  Fire it up

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats and happy times!!!!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Welcome to the group. This is definitely the most helpful group of folks you'll find. If you need help or have questions just search the forum, you'll usually find the answer. If you don't, just ask, you'll have an answer within an hour or two.

Have fun & enjoy your new egg!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I have one of those wives! :-). Ain't it grand? :-)  Welcome to a great forum. They've helped me gain a lot of confidence.  I was a first time griller last year at age 58!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome to the play pen.  Only thing I can say is that it probably was a lucky thing you didn't go into Dave's Ace Hardware in Wisconsin ... they had an XXL front and center.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charger
    Charger Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome, just think when you set out to buy the next one you can tell her she's the one that started it. And trust me there will be another one. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Welcome
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194
    Options
    go big or go home.... I like it.
    Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Congrats and welcome aboard.  What part of the country are you in?  Most likely an Eggfest somewhere close you can attend.  That would be a great way to meet some great folks and learn some cooks and tricks.  Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggingaround
    Options
    Welcome! 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Welcome to the play pen.  Only thing I can say is that it probably was a lucky thing you didn't go into Dave's Ace Hardware in Wisconsin ... they had an XXL front and center.
    My local Ace also has a XXL. In fact, the owner told me has sold one already. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the encouragement! After browsing the forum for the last few months, I knew that this was a helpful group and I've already learned a lot already. I've always enjoyed grilling outdoors as did my father before me, but what I've found is that the Egg has infinitely expanded the possibilities for variety. I'm now planning on getting a wok set up this spring in addition to trying to do a brisket for the first time. Fun, fun, fun!

Sookie - There's just the 2 of us with a single, adult daughter nearby that miraculously shows up when there's something ready to come off the Egg. =)  We went with the XL because we like to grill our vegetables along with the protein and wasn't sure that a large would be big enough. It probably would've been for most cooks but there have been several times that I have used all of the space available so have no regrets.
    Charger - It's almost happened already. When the lovely first saw a MiniMax she thought it was "so cute" and wanted to get one for herself even though she has never lighted or cooked on a grill before.
    YEMTrey - I'm about 15 miles south of Indianapolis and have tickets to attend the Eggfest at Chef JJ's in Indy on May 16th. This one doesn't seem to be very well publicized on here, but I did see one member awhile back that had been selected to cook. Hope to meet some members there. Anybody else going to this one?

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Welcome.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome and welcome to the XL club.  I got mine because I was replacing my gas grill and I wanted something that I could cook at least 20+ burgers and a lot of steaks.  I feed 15 people this Easter Sunday with a 11 pound ham butt and 9 pound pulled pork.  My neighbors like being guinea pigs when I trying something new like making a pork butt into a ham.  That is something I will be doing again. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome, great bunch of people here.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome. Pretty funny going in to buy some dog food and walking out with a BGE. Something tells me your the sort that shouldn't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach either :lol: 
    Enjoy and look forward to seeing your egging. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL