Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• shannonlcorum
    Options

swordsmn said:
    I really don't want to be seen as a prude, I have as perverse a sense of humor as the next old fart, but the OP is a lady and this is getting a bit much IMHO.  

Can we just chill a bit and await whatever news The OP gets from BGE?

Start a new thread with the "topiary" if you must, but this thread is kind of a pay it forward opportunity that has morphed into something might be offensive to some.  ( My wife who just joined included).  Just my opinion. 
    I write erotic romance. It takes a lot to offend me. Lol. This has been quite an entertaining thread. I made a male sexy stripper cake not too long ago for an MM engagement party. My youngest son took one look at it before I put the briefs on it and said, "Mom, that just ain't right. I'll be scarred for life." I said, hey, wasn't my idea. That's what they wanted.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I write erotic romance. 
    This easily earns and deserves the SGH double seal of approval. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I will be DEVASTATED when this thread dies.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

I write erotic romance. 
    This may break the Internet.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

I write erotic romance.
    If you need a proof reader, my wife's an English major. Just sayin'. 
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    That's great Shannon!  I didn't mean to sound like a 50's TV censor.  Hard to tell at what level someone might get offended.  I also didn't want to tick off the forum icons either.  My wife rolled her eyes at the posts but she has to live with me so she's used to my Ron White meets Lewis Black humor.. Hopefully BGE will get bk with you soon!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    henapple said:
    My bad....apologies. I'll start a different thread. On a side note...can we please just by this young lady an egg?  
    Of course you will notice that he said by... not BUY.  ...just sayin'

Perhaps we need an "unofficial official thread ender. Perhaps, something like this...

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @UncleFred Love the egg in the middle of the ender.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Why does he keep trying to end this thread ?
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

I write erotic romance.
    If you need a proof reader, my wife's an English major. Just sayin'. 
    I will keep that in mind. :)
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'll keep this going. 

Want to talk politics @nolaegghead?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    @shannonlcorum How about a sample?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    edited April 2015
    Options
    At this rate Travis's brisky boil thread might be in danger of been overtaken..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    Whatever Mothership does for this member, it may have to do for future customers because it is public info. Others will expect the same treatment if they too have an accident with their egg. 
  • THEBuckeye
    Options
    LadyGT said:
    Whatever Mothership does for this member, it may have to do for future customers because it is public info. Others will expect the same treatment if they too have an accident with their egg. 
    Nothing that a non-disclosure wouldn't fix. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    If you were closer i would sell you one for cheap. I Done Ran Out Of room
    Oh my, what in the world do you cook on all those eggs? Do you have a restaurant? Or just some killer parties? Lol

@shannonlcorum No restaurant here but my neighbors sure do love me. I have never had them all lit at 1 time but have had 6 going at 1 time along with the meat monster doing its share of work to boot.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @badinfluence you will have a restraunt soon!  When will your truck be up and serving
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac hope to be up and running by the end of the month. Waiting on the health department and the final permits. Can't wait!
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The mothership really needs to sh!t or get off the pot.  This poor woman is now going on an entire week with only one egg left standing.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I am taking two friends to a BGE  class Thurs PM   Should  I wrap my legs in a dog leash, fall over and scream  "do not forget the broken egg lady!!"    I could be wearing a tee shirt with this URL.      I would like to get this going one way or the other.. I won't be a big donor  but I want to kick in to help.    If she had refused to make that cake,  she could have a gofundme acct of several hundred K by now       sheesh   (no let's not go there   sorry)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm already chaffed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    I have returned to this thread

*looks at last three pages of thread*

I shall now take my leave of this thread.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    jonnymack said:

Chicken. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    jonnymack said:

Can't run w/ @shannonlcorum's bulldog?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Legume said:
    since the donation thing seems to rub some people the wrong way, maybe buying some of her books would help rub people the right way?

wait, maybe that didn't come out right.
    I can't believe it is only Tuesday and I am doing this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUvtlmlBbDg

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    Bruce? Bruce? Bueller?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt I wish you hadn't...  I was dumb enough to start watching that.