Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Franklin barbecue here I come!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Obviously, all wives, kids, buddies, inlaws, parole officers are welcome. 
    My wife just checked her schedule and she has to work. But on a positive note, I have both her blessing and credit card. Looks like I'm good for the first short of a disaster. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I just mapped it to Franklins. 10 hours and 48 minutes from just this side of Biloxi. It better be good fellows!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Just curious. Does anyone want to make a friendly wager on who can eat the most while we are there? There has been some question and doubt about how much I can really eat. This would be a golden opportunity. Let's say the loser buys for everyone. What say ye?

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just curious. Does anyone want to make a friendly wager on who can eat the most while we are there? There has been some question and doubt about how much I can really eat. This would be a golden opportunity. Let's say the loser buys for everyone. What say ye?
    No. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    SGH said:
    I just mapped it to Franklins. 10 hours and 48 minutes from just this side of Biloxi. It better be good fellows!!
    19 min., never been.  Looking forward to it.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Make it October. I mayyyyyy be an hour north of Austin then.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    SGH said:

Not even I would take that on.  I've eaten 12 whoppers in one sitting and 33 slices of pizza at another, but that was a long time ago.  At this point I just eat for sport.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    SGH said:
    For those prices, winner pays all.
  • SGH
    Options
    For those prices, winner pays all.
    Hey, that's not fair. I'm at a disadvantage right out of the gate  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I can sit in a lawn chair and drink beer with the best of them. Total tailgate atmosphere, lots of fun. 
    We have to get together sometime. Something tells me it would get outta hand though
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I egg because I enjoy laying back, boozing and socializing and letting the egg do the work for me. Going there would be the same thing. Laying back boozing and socializing while Franklin does the work for you. Count me in
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Botch said:
    ... (being 6'5" and rockin' the high heels,...
    Dafuq?  :pensive: 

@Cazzy in the 70's some mens boots/shoes had heels on them. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I can sit in a lawn chair and drink beer with the best of them. Total tailgate atmosphere, lots of fun. 
    We have to get together sometime. Something tells me it would get outta hand though
    This needs to happen. And if it didn't get out of hand, I would be disappointed.

Wasn't it you that volunteered at the masters or am I thinking of someone else on here?

• Eggcelsior
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    This needs to happen. And if it didn't get out of hand, I would be disappointed.

Wasn't it you that volunteered at the masters or am I thinking of someone else on here?

It was him. I just don't know if streaking counts as proper volunteering, though.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    May 1st....The Who is in Dallas that evening.   
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Legume
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    May 1st....The Who is in Dallas that evening.   
    See if @Botch will loan you his heels.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Botch said:

Well I guess I just showed my age.  :lol: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    Botch said:

Well I guess I just showed my age.  :lol: 
    Uh, I was thinking more funkadelic than that!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    First I would have to find the time, second I would be going alone, because I can't afford to fly there, the drive is too long just for BBQ and the wife and kid would put up with it.  I here its great and the pictures I have seen look great, but there are places in KC I haven't even tried yet that I think are probably just as good and I don't have to wait 5 to 8 hours for it.  Have fun to those that go and enjoy.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    First I would have to find the time, second I would be going alone, because I can't afford to fly there, the drive is too long just for BBQ and the wife and kid would put up with it.  I here its great and the pictures I have seen look great, but there are places in KC I haven't even tried yet that I think are probably just as good and I don't have to wait 5 to 8 hours for it.  Have fun to those that go and enjoy.
    Plus you might get kicked out of KC if they found out you drove to TX for 'que. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• sumoconnell
    Options
    Can I get in on this?  I should be back in town and need a break.  I've been to Mueller's meat co, but not braved the line at frankos.
  • SGH
    Options
    Can I get in on this?  
    Absolutely brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Can I get in on this?  I should be back in town and need a break.  I've been to Mueller's meat co, but not braved the line at frankos.
    Hell yes and bring your swinger neighbors. :) 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    If this is really happening, I need to firm up a date so I can book a flight. Reasonable right now. 
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 482
    Options
    Booo...I gotta work that night
    Austin, TX
  • sumoconnell
    Options
    Hell yes and bring your swinger neighbors. :) 
    ugh.  I've responded and deleted 5 times.  Jokes about the age and smell of swingers. so nasty, soo nasty. 

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    You're a better man than I. Not sure I could wait that long unless I was in Austin by myself with nothing to do. Then I could muster the fortitude to day drink in a 6 hour line for BBQ. I'm sure it's incredible though.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Legume
    Options
    So, is this a go?