Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 NCAA BRACKET CHALLENGE - Final Four Weekend!!!

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I didn't even care till the Kentucky player pimp slapped the guy and got a no call...the most lopsided called game I've ever seen.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Holy hell!  I went from 15 to 6 in the bracket. On Wisconsin!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Knew the luck would wear out eventually. Congrats on a fantastic season Kentucky. Disappointed duke won't have the chance to show you what's up on wednesday. 
    I don't think Duke would've had much fun with Kentucky on Monday, they don't exactly match up well. On the flip side, Kentucky was exposed for having zero offense outside of transition points and ball screens.
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    That was AWESOME!  Congrats Badgers!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, you're right. Monday should be great, but obviously I care who wins. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @Eggcelsior, you're right. Monday should be great, but obviously I care who wins. 
    No doubt. I'd love to see the best conference take home the trophy on Monday, but I wont be sad if the conference that can't count wins. Both teams deserve it based on their play.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I love it. I usually root for SEC team after the hogs are out but Calipari is slimy and Cauley-stein is a jerk, in my opinion. 

Little Rock, AR

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    henapple said:
    Hell yes...could the announcers be more biased. Omg...
    I thought the same thing until I realized there were 3 different broadcast... National, UK biased and  Wisconsin biased.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    We were trying to figure out why it was broadcast on TBS??
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Foghorn
    Options
    It looks like the winner will be either me or @jowen (I assume that is jowen1556) depending on the outcome of the game tomorrow night.

Good luck @jowen.

And as @Eggcelsior pointed out, I think Duke matches up better with Wisconsin than they do with Kentucky.  They would have tried to run with Kentucky and I doubt that would have worked out very well.  Kentucky's big men are incredible athletes but not particularly skilled/developed on the offensive end.  Duke will definitely have their hands full with Wisconsin and ultimately, it will all come down to execution and how a few jumpshots fall.  It should be a fun game.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Really class act from kentucky's Harrison. If the roles had been reversed all hell would've broke lose. :bawling: 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jowen is actually me. I didn't manage to change my handle to match. I blame chemistry. 

Good luck to you @foghorn considering how much ball I actually watched this year this is a case of a blind hog and an acorn. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @theyolksonyou, thanks. But you watched enough ball to pick Wisconsin. Nobody else in our group did that. If they win then you are omniscient and clairvoyant as far as we are all concerned. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Is it tip-off time yet?

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like the worst I can do is 3rd.  I will take it since this is the first year in I don't know how long that I didn't watch entire basketball game until the tourny started.  Guess bracket picking is nothing but dumb luck.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Options
    "Guess bracket picking is nothing but dumb luck."

Given that I'm in first for now I have to agree with that conclusion. 

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    Im
    gunning for second tied third. 

Thanks very one for playing this year. 

Duke by 17
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Im
    gunning for second tied third. 

Thanks very one for playing this year. 

Duke by 17
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Badgers are cleaning up on the glass.

San Antonio, TX

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Well this game escalated quickly. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Need to start making free throws from my perspective. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Dodged a bullet at the end of the half. But if you're going to keep your two best players on the bench at the end of a half, you want to do it against Wisconsin.  They don't tend to score in bunches via fast breaks.

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Need to start making free throws from my perspective. 
    And easy mid-range jump shots
  • Eggcelsior
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The little stools the coaches sit on are hilarious. It's like they're on time out.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Duke needs to make layups and box out.  They need to recognize that Wisconsin is not going to foul them when they penetrate so they have to make the shots when they do it.

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Who makes the better adjustments at half?  Two great coaches and two good teams. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Duke will make the better adjustments.  I got word to them that I have a shot at winning the Egghead basketball pool so they are dialed in now.  It's in the bag. 

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well damn, I guess ill go to bed and accept defeat. The Badgers never take my calls. being a southerner and an ACC guy, I think they are screening. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Well damn, I guess ill go to bed and accept defeat. The Badgers never take my calls. being a southerner and an ACC guy, I think they are screening. 

They've got to draw the line somewhere.

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    This game is soooooooo ugly.