Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Franklin barbecue here I come!!!

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'd hardly consider that "waiting in line".  Looks well worth the wait.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DubfromGA
    DubfromGA Posts: 54
    Options
    Awesome eats.    Thanks for posting up you experiences.  A visit to Franklin BBQ is on my "must-do" list.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    I would love to see @NPHuskerFL show up and fire up the MM to make some appetizers while he waited.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Please let me know before you do - I'll road trip down there from NC and hang out with you. Can't imagine a better way to spend a morning !!
    Brother that would be awesome. I would really enjoy that. We are going to make that happen.
    Well, I wouldn't miss that for anything. Count me in. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm going to hold you to it brother^^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Last time i went we got there at 7:30 and got served at 2. It's a haul in the weekends. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac funny man. :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm all in. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    I only listen to people with 10K posts.  Ain't no body else no anythin.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    I would love to see @NPHuskerFL show up and fire up the MM to make some appetizers while he waited.
    Great idea - didnt even think of this :)
    Maybe next time. Prob way too early in the morning to even think of bringing my mini. Had to leave Houston at 5:30am to get there by 8am.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm all in. 
    I'd consider flying in for the day to attend this. 
  • SGH
    Options
    We really need to figure out when the 3 of us can all make the trip and really make this happen. I think it would be awesome.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Last time i went we got there at 7:30 and got served at 2. It's a haul in the weekends. 
    Sounds like you need to close down the bars Friday night and head directly over to Franklins with a lawn chair for the rally power nap. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm all in. 

You're going to fly just for brisket?

Do it yolk, It's Franklin.

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm all in. 
    I know you guys don't know me although I have spoken on the phone to SGH once but if y'all wouldn't mind one more I would fly in just to do this same thing! I think it would be awesome. I would even get there at 4 in the morning just to be first in line then y'all could join me.
    Brandon, MS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Legume I'd do it for the company. The food is a bonus. I've done stupider **** in my day. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,967
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you need to close down the bars Friday night and head directly over to Franklins with a lawn chair for the rally power nap. 
    Last time I went i stayed  out until 2:30 and was in line at 7:30. Ate 4lbs of brisket and road tripped 4 hrs to Dallas. It was brutal. It's normalty 3 hrs but the hangover gods intervened and made traffic horrible. Thank god I wasn't driving. #meatcoma

yeah! Just hashragged your asses!

boom.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    I will happily take the day to parking lot drink with you all.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sounds like we have a crew. Pick a date and lets get weird with it. Salado weekend would be perfect but that's a year away. And it's during SXSW so the hipster factor is 10x 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Depending on timing (sometimes work weekends) and whether i'm allowed to join by y'all, I dont mind going too although I'll let you guys do the early rounds and I'll come in later on  ;)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• SGH
    Options
    I know you guys don't know me although I have spoken on the phone to SGH once but if y'all wouldn't mind one more I would fly in just to do this same thing! I think it would be awesome. I would even get there at 4 in the morning just to be first in line then y'all could join me.
    Brother you are more than welcome to join in. If enough of us get together, we can hold CenTex down and beat his brisket secret out of him  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    How about Friday May 1st? 
    Brandon, MS
  • SGH
    Options
    How about Friday May 1st? 
    It would be hard for me to say at this point. As it gets a little closer I can let yall know. 

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    @Legume I'd do it for the company. The food is a bonus. I've done stupider **** in my day. 
    Short story about the longest I've held a place in line: 3 days!  
    Iowa State University, 1979 or so, The Who were coming!  We sent 3 dorm-floor guys out to stand in line (each person could buy ten tickets) and once we had the commitments, we rotated those three guys out every few hours and kept our place.  
    That three-day line became one of the best parties I've ever been to!  Being a 4-year ROTC scholarship recipient, I couldn't smoke the oregano (perhaps it was basil) being passed around, but just breathing made me glad there wasn't a piss test anytime the next week.  Had so much fun!
    We ended up getting seats in Rows 3 and 4, center stage (being 6'5" and rockin' the high heels, I got a seat in Row 4).  Only concert I was on my feet (or my chair) the entire show, and I'm not all that big a Who fan.  Fantastic!  

But, now I'm wanting brisket.  You better, you better, you bet!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm good may 1 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Botch said:
    Short story about the longest I've held a place in line: 3 days!  
    Iowa State University, 1979 or so, The Who were coming!  We sent 3 dorm-floor guys out to stand in line (each person could buy ten tickets) and once we had the commitments, we rotated those three guys out every few hours and kept our place.  
    That three-day line became one of the best parties I've ever been to!  Being a 4-year ROTC scholarship recipient, I couldn't smoke the oregano (perhaps it was basil) being passed around, but just breathing made me glad there wasn't a piss test anytime the next week.  Had so much fun!
    We ended up getting seats in Rows 3 and 4, center stage (being 6'5" and rockin' the high heels, I got a seat in Row 4).  Only concert I was on my feet (or my chair) the entire show, and I'm not all that big a Who fan.  Fantastic!  

But, now I'm wanting brisket.  You better, you better, you bet!  
    Dafuq?  :pensive: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'm good may 1 
    That will be a popping weekend for some of y'all.  Franklin, Avengers and Pac vs Mayweather.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If we get this going- For those coming in from out of town (and the locals) , we can hang, cook, drink, swim at Casa centex either Friday or Saturday. I have 2 LBGE, my neighbor has one and @lakewade has a LGBE and a KJJR. 

My my thought would be to hang and cook out Friday night and descend on Franklin Saturday. I'm good with whatever though. I live 30 min from
    franklin/downtown austin. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Obviously, all wives, kids, buddies, inlaws, parole officers are welcome.