Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham with Spicy Apricot Glaze

Options

Picked up a 11 lb. Spiral Sliced Ham at Costco

Rubbed with Heroic! Rub and into the fridge for over night

Made the sauce heated it up and slathered the ham inside and out

Re rubbed the Ham with Heroic!

Fired up the Egg to Apple wood Smoke indirect @ 225*

Going to play with the ET-735

After 1 hr. put some sauce on and again in another hr.

The Temp. is holding well have 3 probes working in the Ham, the Dome and the Grill

135* interior pulled and wrapped until the meal

It's not all out there yet but whats there it looks wonderful, Jackie's Potato Salad, Quinoa Salad, Her daughter Kim's Green Salad and Bread Rolls and condiments

Various pictures of relatives and dogs in the Famley

This was another wonderful Easter Sunday Meal all the food was excellent and everyone loved it. I especially liked the Ham that I Smoked with the Heroic! Rub it added another layer of flavor

Recipe:http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/chris_lillys_spiced_apricot_glaze.html

http://www.californiagoldrub.com/index.html

Thanks for lookin!

Ross

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Looks like a good time and a good meal. Those dogs are just patrolling for a sucker or a clumsy person!

hows the range on the 735?  Curious since its Bluetooth, correct?
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Looks like a good time and a good meal. Those dogs are just patrolling for a sucker or a clumsy person!

hows the range on the 735?  Curious since its Bluetooth, correct?
    Thanks, I can take the ET-735 into the house and still read it after I get to the front door it's over

Ross