Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling @badinfluence

Options

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I lurk more than I post, but I couldn't help myself - awesome,  best of luck,  @badinfluence
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That's great.  It looks like we'll be seeing you on "Shipping Wars" soon.  Good luck
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Way to bring the food truck scene to eastern Iowa @badinfluence! My Dad (also an Iowan) is 69 and still trucking. You've got a passion and a plan! Good luck in your new venture. I'm excited for you and your wife and can't wait for updates on your project.  
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Great story, standing by for results! 
    Seattle, WA
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Good luck in your new adventure. I know Clinton well.  I've spent a lot of time across the River in Fulton. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Congrats on your new buisness  and wish you the best 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Made it safely back  to Iowa now just have to wait for the truck to catch up then get I t ready to cook in.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Hats off to you @badinfluence. I would love to do something like this.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Slide up to Madison some time. We'll spread the word for you. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good luck, sounds like fun!
    Options
    Still trying to get the truck up and running. What do ya all think about this for a logo?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Personally, I like that a lot. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Not a huge fan of the tat, but other than that looks awesome.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Good Luck with the food truck!  I work in Fulton and usually head to Clinton when I am looking for lunch.  I will look you up!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I like the logo. I assume you are going to incorporate your meat monster in to your bbq cooks? Still love that thing.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker yes the meat monster will be doing the major cooks for the bbq but will have a mini max inside doing the grilling.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @Langner91 sounds good. Should be going the end of the month. We have a Facebook page that I will be posting to daily for location.  

Clinton, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @badinfluence, The food trucks by me also utilize Twitter to send out locations. One even has a simple webpage with a Google Calendar that shows where they'll be.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I like the logo - I've never understood pigs cooking pigs in bbq logos, but I like it
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    We don't know each other but I admire a man willing to chase a dream.  Best of Luck!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    I like the logo - I've never understood pigs cooking pigs in bbq logos, but I like it
    I always liked the ones with the smiling pig holding a knife and fork while looking at his butt like "I fixin to eat the hell out of my own butt"

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    Best of luck @badinfluence !  A food truck's actually a somewhat appealing idea for myself as well, i've been thinking about it/eyeing it for awhile now. 

My original (pipedream) idea was to park my truck in the parking lot of ski hills, serve breakfast until 10, then go skiing....

Seriously hope this works out for you and your family good Sir - I'd really love it if you would keep us up to date (at least mildly) about your progress.  The more you share here, the more I know for myself down the road!
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @BRush00 I will keep everyone posted for sure. Like I said before it is scary to give up what I have known for the last 16 years to make a total jump into the unknown but rumor has it I'ma pretty good cook...lol so we will see Iif this was a wise choice.

Here in my hometown there are no food trucksbut we have a huge ADM plant that on a slow day puts 200 trucks a day thru there and at harvest time over 1200 trucks a day and the wait time can be over 8 hours to get in. That is my target crowd so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Clinton, Iowa
  • FlashkaBob
    FlashkaBob Posts: 373
    Options
    @DMW  I sent you an OT PM

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @BRush00 I will keep everyone posted for sure. Like I said before it is scary to give up what I have known for the last 16 years to make a total jump into the unknown but rumor has it I'ma pretty good cook...lol so we will see Iif this was a wise choice.

Here in my hometown there are no food trucksbut we have a huge ADM plant that on a slow day puts 200 trucks a day thru there and at harvest time over 1200 trucks a day and the wait time can be over 8 hours to get in. That is my target crowd so I will keep my fingers crossed.
    There is a huge sawmill just down the road from my office. The log trucks are always lined up waiting to get in and get unloaded. Hmmmm.... now I am thinking! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ exactly!  Remember a truck driver does not get his physique by being a light eater. Lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    @badinfluence Good luck in  your new enterprise. I think you have a very good business model with the ADM line up. Truckers do like to eat and if you supply good food conveniently it looks like a home run for you and them.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    Options
    @badinfluence best wishes in your new adventure, Doing what someone loves makes work a pleasure and making money doing it makes it better. Best of luck

1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Outstanding decision! We (my fiancé and I) have friends that do the food truck. Ex corp execs, doing what they love, and doing very well with it. It can be a hectic, frenzied pace, but they tell me they wish they had done this much sooner in life.
    I have given SERIOUS consideration to doing the same thing.
    Again good for you, I wish you nothing but success.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Just want to say thank you all for the well wishes. 

I had some work done on the rear leaf springs on the truck as Iit was squatting due to the equipment inside. I pick it up tommorow and from there it's going to get the logo put on. Hope to have some pictures up soom.

Clinton, Iowa