Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RO 8.8LBS on Sale at Menards for $2.99

Options

Some like it, some don't. For us in the north, we don't have 10 choices without paying $1.50-$2.00/ lb for lump. For me, I'm happy with Royal Oak. If you stock up on it, this is the lowest price I see from Menards. The $2.99 price is a limit of 2 after mail-in rebate but all other bags are $4.99 or $0.57/ lb.

http://www.menards.com/main/spring-fever/grills-smokers/8-8lb-lump-charcoal/p-1490809-c-10141.htm

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Chowman
    Chowman Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!  I'm going to stock up. Great deal!
  • ilwaldens
    ilwaldens Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Clones
    Clones Posts: 8
    Options
    What's the difference between the RO yellow bag advertised and the red bags I find around here?
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Clones said:
    What's the difference between the RO yellow bag advertised and the red bags I find around here?

@Clones ,
    Besides the weight difference (Red is twice the quantity of the green/yellow), I don't know of any.  Although . . . sometimes, it seems that the lump size is larger in the smaller green bags, but I don't know that is always the case.

Even @ its regular price, the smaller green bags are cheaper per pound than the larger red bags @ Home Depot (Chicago area).

I'm no lump snob, so I'll be grabbing several of those on sale.

Reminder:  Menards "rebates" are never in the form of cash.  They are credits toward future purchases at Menards.  Still a good deal if you have summer yard work and stuff coming up.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

If you are going to the Menards in Elk River, MN, you might want to call and see if there is any left. I was down to 3 red bags so I cutting it close. I might run to the Anoka store this week and get another 40.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    While the $4.99 is a great price I hope people read the fine print that the $2 a bag refund is limited to 4 per household.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Clones said:
    Personally I have never noticed any difference in contents of the red bags, the dark green bags, the two toned green and yellow bags and the blue bags of RO other than the blue bags are aimed at the Canadian market and have dual printing in English and French. Over the years my Menards has sold all but the blue bags.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.